The MT-07 Forum

Tank bag

Exodus

Not going to lie I'm new to motorcycles. I've put 1300 miles on my bike in the month I've owned it and just need more storage for the trip to work. I've been just using a backpack but the ones I have leave no extra room.
Thus I'm looking for a bag. I'm pretty sure I want a tank bag as my wife does ride with me atleast once a week.  Not sure what exactly to look for. But I think I'm going to need a decent sized bag as I will more than likely use it to haul work clothes, towel, lunch.
Not sure if a magnetic bag will work on our bikes or not. Guess it would depend on the size of the bag if it put the magnets out to far?
I don't know if having to undo the bag straps everyday to gas up will make me look more into a tail bag or not.
What do you recommend? What are you running? I would prefer to stay under $150.

Reaper308 put a cortech tank bag on that looks real nice. They have a strap option. Revzilla has a good selection and good videos on the products.

I was wondering about the magnet attachment as well. Guess you could glue some metal plates under the body work to give the magnets something to attach to.

I went with a tail bag from cycle guys. Seems to ahve a good amount of storage and zips down to nothing when not in use. I'll get some pics and toss up a review later.

• Premium Member

There's a Yamaha accessory gas cap ring that is magnetic for use with their tank bag. That alone is over a hundo though.. so not worth it imo.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I have a motocentric bag that I've had for some years. It was inexpensive but I don't recall how much.

It has two buckles up front and one close to the seat. It comes with two straps that attach to the buckles. One goes behind the steering head and loops through the frame.

The rear strap connects to the frame under the seat.

It's easy to remove. Looks ok.

For clothing I use a bilt explorer dry bag. Medium I think. I found four blue carabiners in Walmart. They fit the rear seat tiedowns nicely. Connect the bag to the seat with those. It's easy to remove.

I had a really large tank bag once but got rid of it. Something about it was impractical but I don't recall what. Lots of help this is.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I was wondering about the magnet attachment as well. Guess you could glue some metal plates under the body work to give the magnets something to attach to. 
I went with a tail bag from cycle guys. Seems to ahve a good amount of storage and zips down to nothing when not in use. I'll get some pics and toss up a review later.
I have narrowed my choices down to 2 tail bags: CycleGuys or OGIO. Leaning towards CycleGuys. Did you get size 3? Waiting (impatiently) for your review. Does it fit nicely, secure install and have decent storage?

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have narrowed my choices down to 2 tail bags: CycleGuys or OGIO. Leaning towards CycleGuys. Did you get size 3? Waiting (impatiently) for your review. Does it fit nicely, secure install and have decent storage?

It's coming tonight

Archived