The MT-07 Forum

Electronic alarms

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

Would someone in the community offer a suggestion for a secure electronic alarm available at reasonable  cost($100 or so) I've searched the forum and found posts on chains and disc locks but not this. Give me your personal experience with the alarm please. 

Gorilla for a cheap but good alarm. Scorpio for the best alarm but pricy. I tried one of those cheap Chinese paging alarms and it was a POS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I bought the Scorpio, with a perimetre sensor. I sleep well at night, worth every penny.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I have this cheap alarm off amazon.  Less than $20. I just wanted a deterrent, if someone really wants a bike they will steal it regardless. I have it set up just for the alarm with the motion sensor.  It is quite sensitive, which I like.  I've seen an acorn fall and hit the seat and the alarm sounded.  It only sounds if there is continuous movement.  It can be set up to disable the bike and also have the lights flash, and if I remember correctly it might even do auto start.

• 2 weeks later...
firstyammerha

Thanks guys. There's more out there than I was able to find in a general google search. Redstang4's unit looks like my best option.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a KTM Duke 390 Stolen (led me to the FZ so it is ok). Now on the FZ I use a Kyrpto chain teetered to my car trailer hitch, a cover, and a Bully pager alarm. The bully is a ulock dick lock with motion sensor and alarm. Seems to work ok. I may go with a scorpio in the future as i live in the city and worry about my bike more and more! 

1 hour ago, rhoderunner said:

I had a KTM Duke 390 Stolen (led me to the FZ so it is ok). Now on the FZ I use a Kyrpto chain teetered to my car trailer hitch, a cover, and a Bully pager alarm. The bully is a ulock dick lock with motion sensor and alarm. Seems to work ok. I may go with a scorpio in the future as i live in the city and worry about my bike more and more! 

Sounds like quite a lock.....

On 9/19/2017 at 12:40 PM, dmoney said:

Sounds like quite a lock.....

Haha....yeah but it can be painful to take on and off.  

I have used a Scropio alarm system on my 50th R1 since day one.  Betwene that a case hardned chain, dis lock and my Rugar seems to work 😁

I use a basic disc lock along with the Scorpio.  That scorpio works well, paremiter sensor as well as tilt sensor if anyone walks up to it or sits on it or screws with the ignition its off and screaming bloody murder.  The Disc lock is just another layer.

Personally it is cheap insurance as MFT's (Translated Mother F***ing Thieves) which are subhuman fecal matter are opertunist parasitical ingrats that if challanged will move the easier target.  If they want it they will take it no matter what you have on it.

Scorpio is easy to install, I looked into disck locks with sensor / sirens, I say go for it, no preference as they all do the same thing just a matter of what you want to spend.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived