Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Guy rides his FZ-10 off a cliff and lives!

faffi
It wasn't the fault of the motorcycle, but for lack of skill. He could have taken that corner with acres of cornering clearance to spare. Instead, he panicked, looked towards what scared him instead of through the corner and went where he looked. Classic and oh so typical. Good for him that he got out of it more or less in one piece!

Cruizin
Yeah, the guy claimed that his "steering locked up". More like, he panicked, target fixation on the cliff, instead of just looking at the road, and he steered right into the fixation.

Lesson? Target fixation is real. Never stare at the danger, your bike always goes where you are looking. Always stare at where you want to go. LEan hard, your bike can pull miracles if you just lean like hell.

And don't touch brakes in a corner, it stands your bike up straight. Trailbraking is good, but not until you master it.
  • Like 1

ddog
Yeah, one might say you could easily take that corner at 70-80 mph. This guy freaked out, hit the brakes, and got stiff on the bars. I'm glad he's decided to stop riding, he's not made much of an attempt to educate himself on how to do it properly, certainly not enough for the kind of power an FZ-10 produces.

Cruizin
Yeah, one might say you could easily take that corner at 70-80 mph. This guy freaked out, hit the brakes, and got stiff on the bars. I'm glad he's decided to stop riding, he's not made much of an attempt to educate himself on how to do it properly, certainly not enough for the kind of power an FZ-10 produces.

I feel bad for the poor FZ-10. Probably totaled.

blackout

0801161631.jpg

Required reading!....
  • Like 1

ddog
I feel bad for the poor FZ-10. Probably totaled.
He's lucky HE wasn't totaled. That bike has to be a mangled heap, it would be interesting to see pictures of the damage.

Beemer

It always amazes me how these inanimate objects make decisions! 😏

r1limited

Short Circuit between the seat and handlebars

Beemer

Oh, look! I found a Harley belt buckle!