The MT-07 Forum

When Cagers seem to be dickin with ya

r1limited

I have ridden in a few states, I will say Washington cagers for the most part are OK some of the time (They are the most retarded drivers), but a vast majority of them seem to take sport in dicking with motorcycles.  Today was no exception and no I am paranoid ;)

Outside of the pin dicks that run up your ass then pass and brake check you, there are at times cagers will with intent squeeze you, block you in, slow down in front of you etc, etc, etc. 

What do you do when your 6th sense activates and you know the surrounding cager or cagers are purposefully mucking with you.

[ul type=disc][*]Get your patience in check
[*]Put your attitude on hold
[*]Get your brain in the right mode (NOT EMOTIONAL)
[*]Evaluate your options
[*]Plan your exit strategy
[/ul]
In these situations the check list above will keep you riding another day.  Your anger will serve no purpose and non rational thinking can get you dead dying or worser ok worser is not a word but F*** It :)  Never take chances especially with a target that has around 1500 lbs or more over you, YOU WILL LOOSE THAT RACE
Stay calm, evaluate the bubble, create it if non.  Circumstances will vary in any situation, finding a side street, finding a open hole to get your boogie on safely or just backing off changing lanes and settling in for the long hall is all part of the 5 items above.

Live to ride another day.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Unless I am on a time limit, I usually pull over and wait until the idiot has gone. Luckily, we do not have many like this here, although there is the odd idiot that will try to force you onto the curb or hit you when filtering. Very rare, though.

• 2 months later...

If I knew before hand that the situation is going to be like that I simply wouldn't bother riding at all. How the hell can that be an enjoyable ride and why would anyone keep doing it if it's that dangerous on a bike? I would simply take the car instead and try my best to enjoy the radio and AC. Besides, a little time away from the bike makes you miss it a little and that's a good thing. Stay frosty!

Beemer

bat.png

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

You're saying this is a walking dead revival?!! 😅Edit: meaning, it was a dead thread and now it's breathing again.

Beemer

Archived