The MT-07 Forum

What bike did you own before upgrading to your FZ-07 ?

Guru

• Global Moderator

I was wondering what your last motorcycle was before buying your FZ-07. Did you trade it in, keep it or sell it before upgrading?

My previous bike was a WR250X. Awesome machine that served me well. It convinced me that small (or should I say light) is better.

But it had it's limitations and decided to put up an ad to see if there was anybody interested in buying it. I sold it within a week.  

Here's a picture. Everybody loves pictures !!

IMG_1910.JPG

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

My last bike was a Kawasaki KZ650 that I had in the late 80's. I am looking forward to getting out on the road again. The only riding I have done since then is occasionally when I have been offered the chance to ride friends bikes.

• Global Moderator

Show off :)

I love the orange FZ-09. Where did you take the photo. It looks like some great riding country.

I am in Idaho, and that pic was above Swan Falls, on the Snake river. Down below, you can push your dirtbike across the dam, ride up the steep hill, then back down and up the canyon for about 7 miles and then you hit the largest indian writings site and caves that i have ever see. Even cooler, not many people know about it. I like living and riding here.

Guest brickst3r

Dam guru I like your wr250x. I've been looking for one here in SoCal and can't find one at a good price. And there are too many listed either. But your color is the best one I've seen.

• Global Moderator

Thanks brickst3r. It was pretty much run of the mill Yamaha Blue but I found some nice 'old school' decals online. It was a bit of a pain to get them on.
I wonder if they are going to make retro decals for the FZ too. Yellow with black like in the picture would be 'different'

RZ84KRside1.jpg

Guest brickst3r

Yea i think it was the decals that make it look really good. I thought that was factory fairings you had, but great mod you did there. It would be cool if yamaha made something with the old decals on the FZ.

• Premium Member

2010 Ninja 250R - traded it in and broke my heart to see it on showroom floormy7udeze.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started on a 1979 honda xl 185cc. got stolen. got a 2009 suzuki Gladius two years later wrecked and totaled. one year later, got a honda cbr 250 great bike! light,fun,flickable, great mpg, i had the cbr for 2 years and put 3500 miles on it. traded for a suzuki m50 nice cruiser but not exactly my cup of tea. present day, no bike, i drive a jeep wrangler.

howlinhoss

Riding a ninja 300 right now and seriously contemplating selling or trading in the 300 for the fz07. I would love to have both bikes. Anyone else riding a 300?

TwistedTorque
Riding a ninja 300 right now and seriously contemplating selling or trading in the 300 for the fz07. I would love to have both bikes. Anyone else riding a 300?
Cbr250. And dying for my fz-07 to come in.

Two years ago I got into a vintage mood with this 1971 Honda 350, was it THE GIRL IN THE DRAGON TATTOO ripping in the Swedish rain or winning overall in the 1968 Baja 1000, this bike has a blood line! Larry Bergquist jumped on a nearly stock 350 Honda Scrambler (a bike not meant for the dirt) and won the Mexican 1000! Even the great pairing of legends, J.N. Roberts and Malcolm Smith, could not take overall in their '67 and '69 wins on Husqvarna.I have to admit the pipe on this little twin sounds better than the catalytic FZ07. With new carbs and Venola pistons this little beauty is ready for a track day.. maybe the blue groove at Hagerstown? [attachment id=16" thumbnail="1][attachment id=15" thumbnail="1]

Thanks brickst3r. It was pretty much run of the mill Yamaha Blue but I found some nice 'old school' decals online. It was a bit of a pain to get them on. I wonder if they are going to make retro decals for the FZ too. Yellow with black like in the picture would be 'different'

RZ84KRside1.jpg

Wow, RZ350! Ha! The sound of a two stroke twin cylinder. Sweet memories.  About the decals, i know they are available for our beloved WR250R and X. Check this site: link. I guess that a near future they will be available for the 07. 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

05 Triumph Daytona 650, traded for the Honda.

photo5.jpg

The Honda as it started:

9fee2dee.jpg

After:

DSC_0032_zps0c3d4ba5.jpg

DSC_0034_zpsd85e619b.jpg

How it looks as of now, took the entire bike apart and rebuilt it, it has become more of a project bike than anything which is why I wanted another bike to commute on.

unnamed_zpsd53cde8d.jpg

J40IRuh.jpg

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

2007 Honda Shadow Aero. I kept it. It's a tank of a cruiser and I use it for shopping. No good on twisties but super comfortable with its mustang seat, floorboards, saddlebags and tons of chrome.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest unknown

I started out with a KLX250SF supermoto. I loved it cause it was so light and handled so well. It felt like being a kid again, riding down stairs and just being a hooligan. (Don't judge me, it might have been a quarter-life crisis ;)  ) I was interested in the Duke 690 and went to test ride one but they guy ahead of me crashed it at a local KTM demo day. Rode the Super Duke and this bike reminded me a lot of the Super Duke. Been in love with it since and the KLX is just collecting dust now

Guest MXRider

I've had about 20 motorcycles at this point, most of them motocross bikes. My recent street legal bikes have been these:

I had this 2010 Ninja 250 last year. I got it for dirt cheap because it didn't run when I got it. The bike had 200 miles on it and sat for 2 years with gas in it. A quick carb cleaning took care of it. My intention was to make it a dedicated track bike, but I wound up flipping it for a $1200 profit. Only put about 500 miles on it myself, but it was a fun little bike.

6355B221-6F3E-4D67-8AC1-9E5F46058306-14200-000009C0D31C6DE4_zps2300338f.jpg

I bought this 2009 Husqvarna 450 SMR brand new and had it for a few years, very fun bike, and an absolute monster power wise. 55hp and a very smooth fuel injection system. Parts situation sucked and everything I wanted came from the UK or Italy. Wound up parting it out in 2012. I took this bike to the track a lot and had some fun with it. Very easy to swap back and forth between road legal and track ready. Also was great fun to embarrass sport bikes in the mountain roads. Bike would easily wheelie in 4th gear. Never got a ticket on it somehow.

huskypics419003.jpg

husky45010002.jpg

huskypics419001.jpg

SummitPointSM210.jpg

SummitPointSM221.jpg

SummitPointSM227.jpg

My 2007 CBR600RR that I bought brand new the week the bike came out. It was my first sport bike, and I really liked it. Had a ton of mods on it, made it a dedicated track bike but wound up selling it after owning it for 2 years.

subframepics006.jpg

KIT_4660-1.jpg

16251_103487963003132_100000257872266_87660_2040045_n.jpg

I also briefly had an older Ducati Monster, but I only had it for a month or two and wound up trading it for a YZ450F.

Guest MXRider

I really miss it sometimes, but not the drama of getting parts. In hindsight I should have just gotten a Japanese 450 and converted it. This bike appealed to me though because of the Brembo brakes, fuel injection, and the dual exhaust system.

I'll get another 450 supermoto one day, they are too much fun.

Guest MXRider

I also had this 2005.5 KTM 250SXF for a long time. It was mostly a MX bike, but I had a set of SM wheels for it too.

ktm250.jpg

BuddsCreekSXF1.jpg

Then this was my most recent motocross bike. An 09 KTM 250SX. I sold it over the winter and replaced it with my YZ.

728272F7-631A-48C4-BF72-552AC5BA1746-5553-000004315423ACAA_zpsb00b3a0d.jpg

And of course my current motocross bike. A 2013 YZ250. Long live the 2 stroke!

57E48420-C466-4472-87F5-98113E869BA8_zpsyfvx6aeq.jpg

Archived