The MT-07 Forum

G'day from Tassie

digitalsteve

digitalsteve

Howdy!
I picked up a 2016 MT-07 HO last month. Licence restrictions come off in a couple of weeks, so looking forward to getting it going.
I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Cheers!

Howdy! I picked up a 2016 MT-07 HO last month. Licence restrictions come off in a couple of weeks, so looking forward to getting it going.
I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
Welcome aboard.  
And yes, pics or its make believe.

digitalsteve

Haha, fair enough!
Here's a quick one from when I put the bar-end mirrors on; I'll get some more soon.

20170715_105605.jpg

digitalsteve
Welcome Is that a purple sunscreen? :P
It's the Yammy genuine sport screen mate.... I reckon it actually does have a purple tinge. It's a bit bulbous I reckon; I might switch it out to something else a bit smaller. I'm thinking about switching the bars out as well to something like Renthal or Pro Taper's.

Welcome and congrats! Nice looking bike, first purplish windscreen I've seen. I like it! Stay frosty!

Beemer

digitalsteve
Does that windscreen work well to keep wind off you?
I've only had the one ride (shhh, don't tell anyone); I came from faired bikes and, to be honest, I was shocked at how smooth the airflow was. just running my hand up and down behind the screen whilst riding did show that it was displacing a fair amount of air. I was impressed... but it looks a bit bulbous. 

@beemer Welcome and congrats! Nice looking bike, first purplish windscreen I've seen. I like it! Stay frosty!
Cheers mate! I might keep it if it's a novelty! 

@shifther welcome! I have just read all your posts in my head with an Australian accent
Ha! We don't so much as speak the language rather we chew it up and spit it out ;) 

Thank you for the info.

I came from faired bikes and, to be honest, I was shocked at how smooth the airflow was. just running my hand up and down behind the screen whilst riding did show that it was displacing a fair amount of air. I was impressed... but it looks a bit bulbous.  

digitalsteve
Thank you for the info.

No worries. I've got a rad guard to install over the weekend and some other stuff; I'll crack out my dSLR and take some decent shots if that's useful for you.

Welcome. I have an HO model also.

There are no windscreens that work well and look great on this bike. It's a case of function over form sometimes, especially on longer highway trips where you will feel the windblast on longer rides.

This site has lots of great info, especially the tips and tricks section.

• 1 month later...

For those of you that don't know. Tassie is small state with incredibly good motorcycle roads. Legendary for those in the know. I havn't even had a chance to go there and ride yet. Welcome binary man.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Stickshift, I have a screen that works extremely well. Of course I had to make it myself ( OK the base deflector design is from Cagiva head design blooke from a few years ago but the development is mine).

However as a large proportion of the riders on this forum are looks driven, most ain't gonna like it. I, on the other hand, love it.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Understandable Greg. I definitely like to go for function over form.

There are lots of posts on this forum asking for the best looking most effective windscreen (which totally makes sense) - but I don't think one exists for this bike. The Dart Manta looks ok from some angles and offers decent wind protection.

I have a puig touring screen that works pretty well up to about 110 km/h, but I take it off when I'm not traveling long distances as I think the bike looks better without it. I'm not particularly vain about the bike (hell, I must be one of the few that likes the standard rear fender and left it on!), I just like her to look her best sometimes.

Archived