The MT-07 Forum

What is this? A leak...

djxn40

• Premium Member

need better pics... next to the kickstand sensor is 2 rubber drain tubes that should stick below the sensor... also water slowly drips outta front sprocket cover which is located right above sensor...mine still get the damp tips even after almost 16k miles...
20170809_200410.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

It's not coming from the two hoses. I'm guessing from the front sprocket cover?? Why is that. It's a clear liquid btw. No taste or smell. I'll try to get some better pics

• Premium Member
It's not coming from the two hoses. I'm guessing from the front sprocket cover?? Why is that. It's a clear liquid btw. No taste or smell. I'll try to get some better pics
If im recalling correctly there is a piece of foam behind the cover for noise damping, maybe water finally dripped out from washing the bike,  my radiator still drips water for a good few miles after a wash from what was trapped in the fins, maybe rode on some damp roads, condensation from moring dew dripping??? gotta be water since nothing on the FZ-07 has clear tastless fluid like water... thats all I can think off

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Taste test is in order! Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's not gear oil, coolant or brake fluid. If you were around any water source (sprinklers , puddles, etc.) I would chalk it up to trapped water.

Edit:  Forgot to add gas to the list...cuz that's no good too.

Smell stuff that my bikes pee, yes. Taste? No friggen way!
Love this comment! I could eat things that would make a Billy goat puke so I always test taste an unidentified liquid on my z71 or bike

Archived