The MT-07 Forum

FortNine - How Ride a Motorcycle in the City

Duke

Entertaining video on staying aware on the streets.

New riders out there: don't assume the cars & trucks can see you!

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS2mLzMgals]

You do you and I'll do me.

I found him pretty annoying to listen to, but some good hints there.

More on safe riding, country roads:

Very basic instructions:

Reading corners:

Advanced lesson...

He was just, to me, a rather annoying presenter. Not the worst by far (CycleCruza, anyone?) but not someone I could stand listning to over time. However, we all differ. Heck, there are even people who think Seinfeld is funny :D

• Premium Member
He was just, to me, a rather annoying presenter. Not the worst by far (CycleCruza, anyone?) but not someone I could stand listning to over time. However, we all differ. Heck, there are even people who think Seinfeld is funny :D
Yep CycleCruza grates on my ears. It's like he's trying too hard to be hip/cool/hooligan sounding.  IMO FortNine is better than average... the production value on his videos is better than most and I find his reviews to be balanced.
Seinfeld is NOT funny.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 2:12 PM, faffi said:

You had to at least like some of the scenes in the show or were you referring to Jerry himself. I loved this scene.

Beemer

Well first ya hasta practice skillz likes crazy like proper stuff

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I can understand people trying to stunt etc. And in the process of learning, things will invariably go wrong. Fun to watch, of course, but fully normal. What I cannot comprehend is people riding for the first time sans any gear, not even a helmet. Or doing stunts with no protective gear. People die from road rash that gets infected. So if you plan to take risks, why not dress accordingly?

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

You had to at least like some of the scenes in the show or were you referring to Jerry himself. I loved this scene.

I referred to Jerry in person. Costanza is gold in that scene 😁

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
On 8/9/2017 at 3:12 PM, faffi said:

I found Ryan a bit annoying too, when I first started watching his reviews etc, but over time he has grown on me as a presenter, and I have always found his vids informative and well made.  Jerry Seinfeld himself, not that funny, but the show was great.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! I would say the "advanced" lesson video is only a video for the advancement of ones death no matter how good you are on a bike. 

Beemer

@Beemer

Seriously that is one freaking funny avatar 😂

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

22 hours ago, r1limited said:

@Beemer

Seriously that is one freaking funny avatar 😂

Ever had a chicken twerk it's self onto your dinner plate? I didn't think so. 😬

Beemer

3 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Ever had a chicken twerk it's self onto your dinner plate? I didn't think so. 😬

YOu have ruined Thanksgiving for me now, THANKS MAN 😢

5 minutes ago, r1limited said:

YOu have ruined Thanksgiving for me now, THANKS MAN 😢

Well, if being vegan is such a great thing then you should be thanking me. 😉😁

Beemer

23 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Well, if being vegan is such a great thing then you should be thanking me. 😉😁

VEGAN

How dare you sir, I have been called a lot of names but VEGAN, Now thems fightin words
Vegan, Man this place has gone down hill, people calling people names and this VEGAN

(Customer emoticon to make sure we all know its a joke)

😝

YosemitiSam.jpg

Archived