stvar

automatic canceling turn signals

atxjax
I wish someone would offer a blank plate so snap into place of the turn signal mount so i can just not have any turn signals on the bike. I prefer to use hand signals.
I know in Washington state that would be illegal.  If the bike came with turn signals by law they must be operative.  They do not even teach our test on hand signals here anymore so younger drivers have no idea what they mean.  
Texas doesn't require turn signals. I ran my FZR600 for 15+ years with none. I'm used to hand signals. I'm going to look into having some cover plates made up. Might sell them.

avanti
Thanks, stickshift. I read the motorcycle.com review and it didn't seem to mention price, either.

More importantly, the installation seems to suggest one must want this system probably more than I to mess with all the wire splices and mucking with taking the switch apart (I'm not currently--no pun intended--near the bike and cannot look at the switch and see what is involved with opening it.)

avanti
stvar, thanks for the vid and someone at the company told me I simply missed the price at their site... somewhere. I think he said they are $139 or something close.

Looking at the riding part of the vid, they seem to stay on a bit long after the turn for my taste.  Others may think it fine, though.

stvar
I was checking their website and you can go on their checkout and see the price there, or you can see the price listed at the bottom of the page, 149€ which i believe it is approx $175. And recently we dont have exchange rate helping us :) but good news is that i found it on Amazon for $159.99. I have ordered one and will do the installation in this week. Hopefully :)

avanti
A Mr. "Nest" with the company has sent me a bunch of emails since I originally contacted them... one or two of which seemed to be from a real person and not computer-generated (like most of them). The last I got while I was away last week was for $149 (apparently depending on currency conversion rate) with free shipping. Reflecting further on using the 07 turn-signals since initially reading this tread, I've decided that nonself-cancelling is not really the thing I most dislike about the stock system, but instead is the wonky activating switch. Having seen how that is assembled in the vids I may redo it and be much happier.

stvar
Ok. I received item and during weekend i had time to install it. It took me less time than i expected. approx 30 minutes.

I only had to take my headlamp off (2 screws), and behind there is all the wiring you need for installation. All the colours were provided in manual (chocolate, dark green and brown/white). I had to distinguish between handlebar side and motorcycle side but i followed the manual and i had no problems. I asked the company if they could give me manual for my motorcycle and they replied me with MT-07 installation manual, but basically it is the same motorcycle.

After that i had to modify the switch, which again took me 5 minutes. 2 screws and take the thinner foam pads. I tried with bigger foam pads first but they didnt work.

Turn ignition on, you will see left, right blink after that the system is ready to go. You can always cancel it manually (which in video says it cant be done). My first impression is that it is amazing. Never misses the turn, and the system even recognizes lane changes, not on a highway but i guess that is too much :) if it doesnt cancel after lane change it will cancel after 10s (cant tell for sure how long) and it doesnt cancel when you are not moving. I tried to fool the system few times, but i really couldnt.

Now i can laugh at those who have turn signals always on :)
  • Like 3

CapnKirk
Ok. I received item and during weekend i had time to install it..... 
Thanks for taking the time to review this setup! 

Ride Safe!

Kirk

bugeyes
Thank's for the info, just ordered one for myself :)

Even after many year I frequently find my turnsignal on at the wrong time, especially in the beginning of the season. It's both embarrasing and potentially dangerous.

btw stvar, where did you pick up the 12V feed to the box?

bugeyes
Ok. I received item and during weekend i had time to install it. It took me less time than i expected. approx 30 minutes. 
I only had to take my headlamp off (2 screws), and behind there is all the wiring you need for installation. All the colours were provided in manual (chocolate, dark green and brown/white). I had to distinguish between handlebar side and motorcycle side but i followed the manual and i had no problems. I asked the company if they could give me manual for my motorcycle and they replied me with MT-07 installation manual, but basically it is the same motorcycle.

After that i had to modify the switch, which again took me 5 minutes. 2 screws and take the thinner foam pads. I tried with bigger foam pads first but they didnt work.

Turn ignition on, you will see left, right blink after that the system is ready to go. You can always cancel it manually (which in video says it cant be done). My first impression is that it is amazing. Never misses the turn, and the system even recognizes lane changes, not on a highway but i guess that is too much :) if it doesnt cancel after lane change it will cancel after 10s (cant tell for sure how long) and it doesnt cancel when you are not moving. I tried to fool the system few times, but i really couldnt.

Another question... 
After the system has cancelled the signal, do you need to manually do the cancel push before using it again in the same direction?

Cruizin
Anyone have the actual link to buy this product ??

stvar

Another question... 

After the system has cancelled the signal, do you need to manually do the cancel push before using it again in the same direction?

I took the power and the ground from my day running light so i get the unit powered when i turn my key.  
And no, you dont need to push reset before using it again. With the package you receive small foam pads which are inserted into your switch to prevent internals to latch. And after that push to reset doesnt have its function any more

I found it on Amazon, its a bit cheaper:
link

• Like 1

mt7fan
Where did you put the unit ? It has to point to the direction you are driving, and the cord is short and stiff.

bugeyes
Another question... 

I took the power and the ground from my day running light so i get the unit powered when i turn my key.  
And no, you dont need to push reset before using it again. With the package you receive small foam pads which are inserted into your switch to prevent internals to latch. And after that push to reset doesnt have its function any more

I found it on Amazon, its a bit cheaper:
link

Thank's for the reply. I ordered from the companys website and expect to have it in a couple of days from now.