The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar Risers

Beemer

Inexpensive copy of ROX risers? What's interesting is the ability to remove inserts and run fat bars...if I read it right...be interesting in what you find out...Mark

Inexpensive copy of ROX risers? What's interesting is the ability to remove inserts and run fat bars...if I read it right...be interesting in what you find out...Mark
Agreed, I was looking at the ROX for $87.99 when I saw these for , what was it, $22. Says unavailable now. They have good reviews so I'm thinking, why not? 

Beemer

• 1 month later...

I'm back with the verdict on these things! It's been awhile and I tried to put them on the other day but they didn't work, only because the cables/lines weren't long enough. I don't think there was even a half inch of slack, more like a 1/4" and I found out after putting everything back on my front brake line had been pinched off a little but is 100% now. (thought the pads had faded but no) I really wanted these risers to work but that's OK, I did turn the bars up a little so that they are slightly higher than before and that actually made enough difference to please me. 

Beemer

^^ Lesson learned, oneof the least things thought of is how changing bars, rise pull back will effect cable runs.  I canot count anymore the times I re-discovered this and then spent hours trying to re-route and then spending money on new longer cables from Motion Pro.. :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I ran a set on my XR400 a few years back (Rox version). IMO, you would be better off finding different bar mounts that will hold 1-1/8" bars and adjusting the position with the particular bar bend you get. The FZ has what equates to "mini" bike bars in the dirt bike world. Narrow and tall with medium sweep. Are you wanting bars forward more or back and higher? Small adjustments in height or sweep can go a long way for comfort. Like you did, I rotated mine up slightly and that did the trick for me on the FZ.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried these? Like @nick13 said, I'd be concerned with such a inexpensive part failing on such a critical component. These look robust and I like the fact they can't rotate in the original clamp by design. But I'm nervous dropping $100+ on them just to find out the controls are not long enough...

swmotech_barback_riser_kit_zoom.jpg

If you set the pictured clamps FORWARD then you should have no cable length problems. Because the stock clamps are angled back , the bar centre will not be very forward anyway compared to aftermarket straightup clamps.

If you are worried about strength , it is the bolts that matter. You could always buy some Hi-ten bolts to go with them from a bolt shop. They won't be dear at all.

Though I think I remember you saying you wanted them back and up in another post?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived