The MT-07 Forum

GP (reverse) shift pattern?

gsxr7racer

Anyone done this without using aftermarket rear sets? I have an R1 track bike set up with reverse patter and would really like to set up my FZ to be the same without spending money on rear sets. Thanks

• Premium Member

yes...you can either use a dremel tool to grind away part of the rear set or a few ppl have drilled a new hole for the shift rod pivot and shorten the shift rod I believe or had shift rods laying around...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I use GP shift pattern but I did buy a set of aftermarket rearsets just because I like the look and feel. But they got around the issue by using a wider spacer and longer bolt for the upper heim joint. This gives you just enough clearance to leave that cover in tact. 

1501346252906_1765252199.jpg

photo website hosting

Here is thread that shows you how to do it.  
Thanks very much, was too tired last night to search for something like this. Didn't realize it was just a cover, thought that piece was frame. 

• Global Moderator
Here is thread that shows you how to do it.  
Thanks very much, was too tired last night to search for something like this. Didn't realize it was just a cover, thought that piece was frame. 

You do not need to remove the circular part at the bottom. Just remove the two screws and the cover will pull off. There is a clip holding the bottom so just tug a bit and it will cone loose.

Archived