The MT-07 Forum

Bought my FZ07 Used As a Street Fighter

rwwinslett

Hey all,

I bought my fz07 for really cheap. Everything was in great shape and the bike had low mileage. I really love it. However, the previous owner had really made a lot of cosmetic changes, and the bike is basically a streetfighter. Any ideas on how to get it closer to that stock look? Thanks in advance,

~RW

• Premium Member

A pic of what you have would help :)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

I am sure you will get a lot of suggestions if you post some photos.

Sorry about the late response and lack of pictures. Here you go.

p><p> <a href=https://preview.ibb.co/kX5Mc5/IMG_1876.jpg' alt='IMG_1876.jpg'>

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

topazsparrow

so far as I can tell all he changed was the bars, took the yamaha decals off, added an exhaust, levers, and a windscreen.

It looks pretty stock already.

• Global Moderator

Where are you located? If you are in NW Washington I have some stock parts (rear fender, turn signals, etc.) you could have.

• Premium Member
so far as I can tell all he changed was the bars, took the yamaha decals off, added an exhaust, levers, and a windscreen. 
It looks pretty stock already.
^ yep. And new grips and levers. Also, looks like he painted the side covers black.

Seems all the little changes I noticed have been identified already. I guess I am kind of confused as to what makes you think yours is more streetfighter-ish than a stock one. I really don't see much of a diff.

• Premium Member

its just a reg ole FZ-07 with mormal mods and farkles...new exhaust, painted black side covers, aftermarket handlebar, grips, levers, tail tidy, Hoonigan sticker, windscreen..

cant get much more streetfighter looking than a naked bike like the FZ-07 in my opinion...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

its just a reg ole FZ-07 with mormal mods and farkles...new exhaust, painted black side covers, aftermarket handlebar, grips, levers, tail tidy, Hoonigan sticker, windscreen.. 
cant get much more streetfighter looking than a naked bike like the FZ-07 in my opinion...
I agree and as a matter of fact, to make it look more street fighter I would remove the windscreen. I've thought about doing that to mine along with putting higher bars on it, taking the bar for the passenger foot pegs off and taking the silver side covers off to strip it down even more to make it look more hooligan. 

Beemer

I agree and as a matter of fact, to make it look more street fighter I would remove the windscreen. I've thought about doing that to mine along with putting higher bars on it, taking the bar for the passenger foot pegs off and taking the silver side covers off to strip it down even more to make it look more hooligan.
Well, that was actually the issue. I wanted it to look more stock and less like a streetfighter, but a lot of people have suggested that it's not as SF-ish as I thought. I guess I can't put my finger on it but I'd like for it to look more like it did originally. [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]

• Premium Member

Remove the windscreen, put on stock exhaust, remove the Hooligan sticker and pull the drag bars off for the stock bars...now you got a plain jane sugar n gluten free FZ-07

For the FZ-07 to be a true street fighter in my book, I need no headlight,no tail light, pull the rear tail plastics/ chop off the rear subframe, pull the rad side covers, pull the front fender, Hordpower it engine wise/ airbox and add LaunchControl

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Remove the windscreen, put on stock exhaust, remove the Hooligan sticker and pull the drag bars off for the stock bars...now you got a plain jane sugar n gluten free FZ-07 

For the FZ-07 to be a true street fighter in my book, I need no headlight,no tail light, pull the rear tail plastics/ chop off the rear subframe, pull the rad side covers, pull the front fender, Hordpower it engine wise/ airbox and add LaunchControl
Just one thing about the pipe: 

barry_manillow.jpg  :P

sammy_hagar.jpg  8-) Loud & raucous on a street fighter. 

Beemer

I think what is throwing you off is that there is limited color contrast on your bike because it appears the PO went a little Plasti-Dip crazy. Hopefully for your sake it was plasti-dip because it will be relatively easy to strip off and get it back to that stock look you are wanting. Take note of the photo I attached. I cant really tell for sure, but in your pictures it almost looks like the PO may have painted the side tank panels black too. I don't see much of a gloss finish. That would definitely make it look way more streetfighter than stock.

You can use a power washer to remove the paint from the side frame covers IF you remove them from the bike first. I would NOT use a power washer on any of the other pieces. Depending on how thick it was applied, you could probably peel it off. That Plasti-Dip can look O.K in small applications, but some people just don't know how to chill out with it. I also do not think that exhaust is doing you any favors appearance wise; definitely much better options out there. Just my .02 ...   

black_fz.jpg

Archived