The MT-07 Forum

How to: Make your own front end lift out of 2x4's

atxjax

Got around to having some free time today. Made this little lift fixture out of some extra two by fours I had laying around. 

Works well in conjunction with my rear swingarm stand. It grabs right on the seam between the frame and the slider pucks. All I have to do now is put some rubber in the circular parts so it wont mar up my paint. I also marked the bottom center of the board to locate where the jack needs to be on to make sure it is centered.

To make.......

Bottom piece is 16 inches

Sides are 17 inches

Gussets are 7.5 inches cut on 45's

12 screws. ( 4ea 4 inches for the sides and 8 3 inchers for the gussets ) 

Youll need a cheap holesaw ( I had gotten mine from harbor freight a long time ago ) 

Drill of your chosing

IMG_20170727_190156.jpg

IMG_20170727_185203.jpg

thanks for sharing! good way for guys in a pinch or for guys who don't see a need to purchase a triple tree stand. plus folks always have extra wood laying around. if you had to leave it up long term, you could even lengthen the base piece and use jack stands or blocks to support. good work!

• Global Moderator

Interesting idea. Just make sure you have the rear wheel chocked or on a paddock stand because if the bike was to move you are in trouble.  Actually I suppose that just having the bike in gear (not neutral) would work too. 

Interesting idea. Just make sure you have the rear wheel chocked or on a paddock stand because if the bike was to move you are in trouble.  Actually I suppose that just having the bike in gear (not neutral) would work too. 
I'm fortunate to have a rear swingarm stand that came with the bike when I bought it. This works well in conjunction with it. 
And yes.........you cant go pushing on the bike or wanting to move it around a lot. Same is true if you had a proper front fork lift.

This cost me $0 to make since I had the stuff laying around. Just a little sweat since it is 103f here in Austin, TX

Yes..........If  you make this and are going to use it without having a rear swingarm lift go ahead and place bike in gear and either move it forward or backwards a bit to make sure the gear has taken up any slack that may move it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@atxjax Thank you thank you thank you!!

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

Archived