Sign in to follow this  
ShiftHer

What's your favorite modification to your bike?

ShiftHer
If you had to choose just ONE P-)  mod that you've done to your bike, which one is your favorite or most useful or however you'd like to qualify the best mod you've done? 

For me, if I had to pick one, it would be heated grips. I have the Oxford Heaterz

I do love my exhaust so much though.... but I'm sticking with heated grips. They let me ride longer into the year and they even make regular rides more enjoyable if I'm caught out when the temps dip at night. It would probably be the first mod I would make to any bike in the future.
  • Like 1

DewMan
It would be the Bitubo front & rear suspension upgrades hands down.
I've been fortunate to have never had to ride in conditions that would require heated grips.Those who ride in such condition have my respect. Can't say I'd do it. The coldest I've ridden in is temps into the 50s which was Florida wintertime at night.
  • Like 2

ShiftHer
It would be the Bitubo front & rear suspension upgrades hands down. I've been fortunate to have never had to ride in conditions that would require heated grips.Those who ride in such condition have my respect. Can't say I'd do it. The coldest I've ridden in is temps into the 50s which was Florida wintertime at night.
35 degrees for about 30 minutes seems to be my limit before I turn into a popsicle. lol I'd be really curious to ride the FZ with suspension upgrades. 

hamfist33
Ditto. Can't relate to cold temps here in SoCal either, so much respect, but for me it's the Exhaust. Without it, my bike was just a fun putt arounder. Now I'm a badass that wakes the neighbors. Next up is grow a sweet mullet, punch a kitten, and get a knife tattoo on my neck.
  • Like 3

DewMan
It would be the Bitubo front & rear suspension upgrades hands down. I've been fortunate to have never had to ride in conditions that would require heated grips.Those who ride in such condition have my respect. Can't say I'd do it. The coldest I've ridden in is temps into the 50s which was Florida wintertime at night.
35 degrees for about 30 minutes seems to be my limit before I turn into a popsicle. lol I'd be really curious to ride the FZ with suspension upgrades. 

It was a day and night change for me. You can read my 1st impressions thread here.   
  • Like 1

DewMan
Ditto. Can't relate to cold temps here in SoCal either, so much respect, but for me it's the Exhaust. Without it, my bike was just a fun putt arounder. Now I'm a badass that wakes the neighbors. Next up is grow a sweet mullet, punch a kitten, and get a knife tattoo on my neck.
*Backs away slowly from @hamfist33. * 
  • Like 1

sniperelite
Heated grips for sure, makes riding in -10°C (14F) torrelable! and maybe the yamaha sport tankbag.

• Like 1

mjh937
The ECU flash was by far the best mod I have done.
  • Like 2

Duke
The ECU flash was by far the best mod I have done.
+1 for the ECU flash. It really brings out the true FZ characteristics and adds so many quality of life changes. Big difference from the restrictive factory settings.  
I was thinking about what mod I absolutely could not live without regardless of bike model and, yep, it's the ECU flash. I could live without an LED headlights or a nice exhaust system but not the ECU flash.
  • Like 1

Mr.Puss
Love everything about the Hordpower filter and pcv.
  • Like 1

martyinaustin
If you had to choose just ONE P-)  mod that you've done to your bike, which one is your favorite or most useful or however you'd like to qualify the best mod you've done?  
For me, if I had to pick one, it would be heated grips. I have the Oxford Heaterz

I do love my exhaust so much though.... but I'm sticking with heated grips. They let me ride longer into the year and they even make regular rides more enjoyable if I'm caught out when the temps dip at night. It would probably be the first mod I would make to any bike in the future.
funny...i've gotten huge satisfaction out of my Oxfords too...but zooming out one level i'd say my Renthall ultra-low bars. it look months to get used to but now i'm in love.

m.
  • Like 2

faffi
One thing only? Nitron shock absorber. The stock shock was one of the harshest I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.
  • Like 1

guylee
So far all my mods are cosmetic, but the poor-man's exhaust mod made the stock exhaust a little more tolerable until I can afford a real exhaust.
  • Like 1

bornagainbiker
Well, since I've only made one mod to my bike (puig windscreen), I guess it's my favorite mod for now.  But honestly, I really like not having to hold on the the bars for dear life at highway speeds.  :)
  • Like 1

r1limited
My R1 best mod ever

• Like 4