The MT-07 Forum

What's your favorite modification to your bike?

ShiftHer

If you had to choose just ONE P-)  mod that you've done to your bike, which one is your favorite or most useful or however you'd like to qualify the best mod you've done? 

For me, if I had to pick one, it would be heated grips. I have the Oxford Heaterz

I do love my exhaust so much though.... but I'm sticking with heated grips. They let me ride longer into the year and they even make regular rides more enjoyable if I'm caught out when the temps dip at night. It would probably be the first mod I would make to any bike in the future.

• Premium Member

It would be the Bitubo front & rear suspension upgrades hands down.
I've been fortunate to have never had to ride in conditions that would require heated grips.Those who ride in such condition have my respect. Can't say I'd do it. The coldest I've ridden in is temps into the 50s which was Florida wintertime at night.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

It would be the Bitubo front & rear suspension upgrades hands down. I've been fortunate to have never had to ride in conditions that would require heated grips.Those who ride in such condition have my respect. Can't say I'd do it. The coldest I've ridden in is temps into the 50s which was Florida wintertime at night.
35 degrees for about 30 minutes seems to be my limit before I turn into a popsicle. lol I'd be really curious to ride the FZ with suspension upgrades. 

Ditto. Can't relate to cold temps here in SoCal either, so much respect, but for me it's the Exhaust. Without it, my bike was just a fun putt arounder. Now I'm a badass that wakes the neighbors. Next up is grow a sweet mullet, punch a kitten, and get a knife tattoo on my neck.

• Premium Member
It would be the Bitubo front & rear suspension upgrades hands down. I've been fortunate to have never had to ride in conditions that would require heated grips.Those who ride in such condition have my respect. Can't say I'd do it. The coldest I've ridden in is temps into the 50s which was Florida wintertime at night.
35 degrees for about 30 minutes seems to be my limit before I turn into a popsicle. lol I'd be really curious to ride the FZ with suspension upgrades. 

It was a day and night change for me. You can read my 1st impressions thread here.   

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
Ditto. Can't relate to cold temps here in SoCal either, so much respect, but for me it's the Exhaust. Without it, my bike was just a fun putt arounder. Now I'm a badass that wakes the neighbors. Next up is grow a sweet mullet, punch a kitten, and get a knife tattoo on my neck.
*Backs away slowly from @hamfist33. * 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

sniperelite

Heated grips for sure, makes riding in -10°C (14F) torrelable! and maybe the yamaha sport tankbag.

• Global Moderator

The ECU flash was by far the best mod I have done.

+1 for the ECU flash. It really brings out the true FZ characteristics and adds so many quality of life changes. Big difference from the restrictive factory settings.  
I was thinking about what mod I absolutely could not live without regardless of bike model and, yep, it's the ECU flash. I could live without an LED headlights or a nice exhaust system but not the ECU flash.

You do you and I'll do me.

• Premium Member

Love everything about the Hordpower filter and pcv.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

martyinaustin
If you had to choose just ONE P-)  mod that you've done to your bike, which one is your favorite or most useful or however you'd like to qualify the best mod you've done?  
For me, if I had to pick one, it would be heated grips. I have the Oxford Heaterz

I do love my exhaust so much though.... but I'm sticking with heated grips. They let me ride longer into the year and they even make regular rides more enjoyable if I'm caught out when the temps dip at night. It would probably be the first mod I would make to any bike in the future.
funny...i've gotten huge satisfaction out of my Oxfords too...but zooming out one level i'd say my Renthall ultra-low bars. it look months to get used to but now i'm in love.

m.

One thing only? Nitron shock absorber. The stock shock was one of the harshest I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

So far all my mods are cosmetic, but the poor-man's exhaust mod made the stock exhaust a little more tolerable until I can afford a real exhaust.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Well, since I've only made one mod to my bike (puig windscreen), I guess it's my favorite mod for now.  But honestly, I really like not having to hold on the the bars for dear life at highway speeds.  :)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

My R1 best mod ever

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

hugson2wheels

Suspension upgrade by far.... Bitubo fork cartridges and XXF11 rear.

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

I modded the seat. It's now good for nearly 3 hours before I think a break would be good.

Just do it! 

kriptikracing

I have different classifications lol:

My favorite mod - akrapovic carbon exhaust
If I could do ONLY 1 mod and nothing else - ECU flash

• Premium Member

funny...i've gotten huge satisfaction out of my Oxfords too...but zooming out one level i'd say my Renthall ultra-low bars. it look months to get used to but now i'm in love.

m.
Good to hear, I have some on order. Looking forward to them. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I count the front and rear as two upgrades, so I'd have to say the rear. Being able raise the ride height is awesome, it really improves ground clearance and sets the weight of the bike more forward. Not to mention the general spring weight and dampening issues the stocker had. The ECU and fork cartridges are tied for second.

+1 for the ECU flash. It really brings out the true FZ characteristics and adds so many quality of life changes. Big difference from the restrictive factory settings.  
I was thinking about what mod I absolutely could not live without regardless of bike model and, yep, it's the ECU flash. I could live without an LED headlights or a nice exhaust system but not the ECU flash.

+3 ECU flash.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

ducttapewd40

Mine might be the extra painting I did.   It was probably the most work and the cheapest and I like what it did to the look of the bike.  Or the exhaust, but since I painted it when I installed it, they're almost the same mod.

20160731_161435.jpg

html upload image

Mine might be the extra painting I did.   It was probably the most work and the cheapest and I like what it did to the look of the bike.  Or the exhaust, but since I painted it when I installed it, they're almost the same mod. 

20160731_161435.jpg

html upload image

That does look good!!

Suspension upgrade by far.... Bitubo fork cartridges and XXF11 rear.
I have to agree with you. Suspension made things so much better! I would put the Rear Shock as my top though because we can only pick one. :D 

Archived