The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket Oil filler plug.......which one?

atxjax

Currently looking for a new oil filler plug as the one on my bike was rashed when it fell over on PO. Been looking around and from what I gather ours is M27 x 3.0 size.

Anyone using a different one on their bike?

• Premium Member

thats a fancy race plug, lots of choices of safety wire holes... I prefer to use a magnetic drain plug of reputable quality... and it dont hurt to get a hand full of the aluminium crush washers from the local bolt/nut store (Fastnal) to use when it time for an oil change...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

thats a fancy race plug, lots of choices of safety wire holes... I prefer to use a magnetic drain plug of reputable quality... and it dont hurt to get a hand full of the aluminium crush washers from the local bolt/nut store (Fastnal) to use when it time for an oil change...
I think he's talking about the actual filler plug where you pour the oil in.

I was thinking about getting one from Yoshi but figured, eh.  Only reason to do that is to spend money. 

@atxjax, make sure when you get it, it has a rubber gasket on it.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

the fill cap, gotcha... the filter/drain plug is the same to me...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived