The MT-07 Forum

No Front/Rear Signal Lights

aruba1

Howdy, I have a 2015 FZ-07 that was in a light accident. Now the front and rear turn signals won't come one. I checked the two small fuel boxes by the battery and no blown fuses. Also all the bulbs are intact and they work with direct power. I bypassed the flasher and still no change on the turn signals. The front signal lights are powered with the switch on but they don't blink when the signals are turned on. The back don't come ON at all. I followed the wire harness of the signals and all looks good. Any ideas?

The front powers on but doesn't blink means the problem is in the back side. If the back bulb is not working on my bike, the front lights up solid.
Try a continuity test (You need a Multimeter) on the back wires/bulb.

Thanks for your reply. I have 12v at the harness connectors under the rear seat which is good. The left side has continuity to the bulb and the light comes on when 12v is applied directly to it (dahhhh, lol). The right side though has no continuity on either wire but the harness (from plug to bulb) look intact. I think I am just going for a ride and use hand signals and deal with it some other time.

I feel like a total fool. When checking the wiring under the back seat I was checking the harness of the left signal and the harness of the number plate (I thought it was the harness for the right turn signal, lol). Now I discovered the correct right signal harness it all checks out. However, I don't have 12V at the relay plug so my relay may be fine. What is the easiest way to test the switch to see if it's bad? How can I test the switch?

still no working lights. I opened the switch and cleaned the contacts. There are no power at the switch. I tried a new signal relay and no long. I do have 12v at the fuse under the seat. What am I overlooking? Is there a fuse for the signals anywhere under the gas tank? This is driving me nuts, lol

• Premium Member

busted ground?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Just to make sure, did you check BOTH sides of the fuse with a meter? If a fuse is blown you will still get power to the incoming but not outgoing. A lot of people don't realize this and only check one side of the fuse. Also, I read somewhere (on this forum i think) that someone had a blown parking light fuse that was causing turn signal issues. Not sure if that was a hack wiring job or what, but may be worth a check. If all is still well on the fuses and you are confident on your diagnostics, obviously you need to be very detailed when checking wiring from the fuse to the switch. Check for resistance from the wiring after the fuse to the switch. Keep working your way from the switch back to the fuse until you find your suspect. And If I recall correctly, the only thing under the gas tank is the flasher / signal relay, which you said you replaced.

Archived