The MT-07 Forum

Suspension parts may be imported duty free

pattonme

I haven't dug thru the Aussie Duty Publications yet but I just did it for New Zealand and both coil springs and vehicle suspension dampers are duty free.
This doesn't address the issue of GST but it can save 5%. Also for example, NZ has a preferential arrangement with a number of SEA countries and now that Ohlins are manufactured in Thailand, there's that card to play.

FWIW the NZ universal customs category codes are:

7320.90.09 coiled suspension spring
8708.80.30 Suspension shock absorber

OT: it's hilarious reading thru some of the exceptions that have been published.
1902.30.01 Dried noodle cake, in retail packages, together with sachets containing flavourings, and/or
seasonings; packages may include an item of plastic tableware, a fork or spoon
- AKA instant Ramen noodles

1901.90.09 Wendy’s chicken fillet breader F16307, batter F16306 and predust F1630

1806.90.00 Chocolate and hazelnut spread - Guess the Aussies want to be able to flood NZ with Nutella

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I haven't dug thru the Aussie Duty Publications yet but I just did it for New Zealand and both coil springs and vehicle suspension dampers are duty free. This doesn't address the issue of GST but it can save 5%. Also for example, NZ has a preferential arrangement with a number of SEA countries and now that Ohlins are manufactured in Thailand, there's that card to play.

FWIW the NZ universal customs category codes are:

7320.90.09 coiled suspension spring
8708.80.30 Suspension shock absorber

OT: it's hilarious reading thru some of the exceptions that have been published.
1902.30.01 Dried noodle cake, in retail packages, together with sachets containing flavourings, and/or
seasonings; packages may include an item of plastic tableware, a fork or spoon
- AKA instant Ramen noodles

1901.90.09 Wendy’s chicken fillet breader F16307, batter F16306 and predust F1630

1806.90.00 Chocolate and hazelnut spread - Guess the Aussies want to be able to flood NZ with Nutella

If we're flooding NZ with nutella im moving....to NZ

• 2 months later...

Just read this. Can't believe I have been avoiding importing my Ramen noodles because I thought I had to pay duty. Now it's a free for all. I have no shame...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived