The MT-07 Forum

CRASH BAR GUARD ENGINE (replica)

Mproject

3 months ago I bought this crash cage (it looks the most similar to Moto Cage one): http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-YAMAHA-MT07-LEFT-RIGHT-BLACK-CRASH-BAR-GUARD-ENGINE-/222523686211?hash=item33cf71fd43:g:LfMAAOSw2xRYYNgj

When it arrived it had small scratches on it (in different areas). I contacted the seller and he refunded me $20 for re-paint.

MUkn_Et_WIx_I3rph_Mn_Ef_H4_Q_n_Jwqq9s6x_XMLkjl_W4e_Ce_M6_Ql_Bm_Qh591w_w1200_h630_p.jpg

P4_MTVSftxfoc_J_6bd_J_6i_An733_Ey_m_Yq_Gwn48_XRNWy_DNw_Yq_Ctp6nw_w1200_h630_p.jpg

Afterwards I painted them...

A9g_DHIGZjl_Z2wm_Dth_Vs_Zg7t0_Ek_Cv_Nwekh_Razs_Ic_BHimsd_Up_U3l_XWt_Q_w1200_h630_p.jpg

mx96_Le_2_Jv_Ad_NDNe5r_Whn_Kb4nq_Hzt87_Gr_q_Godx_Ih_OHpopq_W7y_Q_g_w1200_h630_p.jpg

I went to my mechanic and ask him to install it on the bike. When he tried - IT DOESN'T FIT!!!!!! >:D

DQYWIZSAXg_LL4fw_JIIIDcc_FQdt_SD_MS8jsew_Zn_XNvv_OOi0p_QJj4k_w_w1200_h630_p.jpg

au2_EE6x69_Ql_A6h_Pl_U_NKN58z_Jrqfv_Oa87mgdyzs_Lxn_NPRoflldqn_GA_w1200_h630_p.jpg

After contacting the seller again and after few messages, his final response was:

We think you should have another technician installed. Perhaps may do better than this guy.
I am very dissapointed and whole story costed me:
+ purchase price ($238,99)
+ tax and import fees ($101,41)
+ paint (- $20)
+ re-spraying ($10)
+ mechanic to install it (1 working hour = $31,41)
+ 2 months of waiting...

Total paid so far = $381,81

I still don't have the cage on my bike and I lost a lot of money, time and nervs on this...
In all the shipping-waiting, conversations and everything else... all the "buyer protections" expired so bassically I'm stuck now with these 2 pieces of iron. :/

I learned my lesson... Never again buy "cheap" chinese stuff (except they are little accessories).
I hope this story helps someone not to do stupid thing like I did...

You can likely enlargen the wholes a bit and use bolts with a smaller head in order to fit them. Still not a good experience. I had a similar thing with my rear hugger. And my son bought a new replica fuel tank for his CB400SF that came with 3 big dents due to insufficient packing, where the seller is showing no will to sort things out. However, most of what I've bought cheap from China has been OK, and the amount saved more than cover the few items that were no good.

However, most of what I've bought cheap from China has been OK, and the amount saved more than cover the few items that were no good.
Yeah.. I also have similar experience so far... that is the reason why I ordered this part. 
The bottom line... if you were looking similar thing, avoid this seller! ;)

this for a start should've rang alarm bells for a start 1 to 2 cm is a big difference to fitment.
I would've stayed clear of him..

1.Because it is manual measurement, the size of items will be 1-2 cm error.
2.Due to the different display, the color will be a little different.
3.Product true colors, textures and images 98% identical, factory supply.
4.To product description Mainly Photo.

having said the above theres nothing much you can do so getting lawyers involve will only cost you.
the dealer will simply closed the account and start another.
ebay will do sod all in cases like this.
just put it down to bad experience and forget it other wise it will only get to you.
just do what others have said just drill the holes bigger.
that should work .

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you updated on situation...
It needed to create a set of selens that goes into the holes....

4_Rf_Tw7_Bdb_REG72op_HGg_SYl_BLHbr3_Asj_QMGCJ_ZYan_Yaytg_Fq_M5a_RQ_w1200_h630_p.jpg

Drilling the holes bigger isn't a option because it's not just the holes that are missaligned... its the cage itself that isnt "fit"...

this for a start should've rang alarm bells for a start 1 to 2 cm is a big difference to fitment. I would've stayed clear of him..

1.Because it is manual measurement, the size of items will be 1-2 cm error.
2.Due to the different display, the color will be a little different.
3.Product true colors, textures and images 98% identical, factory supply.
4.To product description Mainly Photo.

having said the above theres nothing much you can do so getting lawyers involve will only cost you.
the dealer will simply closed the account and start another.
ebay will do sod all in cases like this.
just put it down to bad experience and forget it other wise it will only get to you.
just do what others have said just drill the holes bigger.
that should work .

Yeah I seen this text, but if you read any of this sellers items text is plain copy/paste... 
I already put it away in the "bad XP" drawer ;)

• Premium Member

Funny. I clicked the link you posted and it leads me to this:
TWO-LEGS-LEON-ESATTO-SPLASH-GUARD-MUD-GUARD-FOR-KAWASAKI-Z650

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

we've all made a mistake at some point still will do.
even I do .lol I bought a set of mirror extenders but on the listing it said not suitable for yamaha.
so yeah I'm a dork at times.

Funny. I clicked the link you posted and it leads me to this: TWO-LEGS-LEON-ESATTO-SPLASH-GUARD-MUD-GUARD-FOR-KAWASAKI-Z650

The item at this moment isn't available any more... Here is a screenshot of the purchased one:

yoprq8z_Rkickc_VZd_Cvdw_Q.png

• Premium Member

The item no longer being available probably tells the entire story. You were not alone in your problem with the items.

Sorry about your experience, btw. And, "...1-2cm error" doesn't make any sense; perhaps, 1-2mm.

I have found language difference to be a certain aggravater in such situations when problems arise. I told a seller the same thing and sent pix of the problem with a part several times before conveying what I was trying to tell him/her. The only way around this is to either go through an import vendor (if one can be found), stay clear, or not buy anything that one cannot comfortably write-off and move on from.

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks! I've gotten burned on several small items from china, bad memory cards, Bluetooth ear buds etc. Surprisingly, the China rearsets for the 07 have held up extremely well. I had a 50 or 60 mph lowside at the track this weekend and was able to finish the track day, it ground off half the peg but they held up just fine, and actually kept the bike from touching the ground and getting damaged

• 2 weeks later...
That sucks! I've gotten burned on several small items from china, bad memory cards, Bluetooth ear buds etc. Surprisingly, the China rearsets for the 07 have held up extremely well. I had a 50 or 60 mph lowside at the track this weekend and was able to finish the track day, it ground off half the peg but they held up just fine, and actually kept the bike from touching the ground and getting damaged
Nice :) Maybe some pictures? ;) 

• 5 weeks later...

That's terrible...  if you want one of my cages I'm doing a give away right now (see higdonion in vendors) but besides that message me, I'll give you a good deal on one that needs paint or something lol. 

Archived