Sign in to follow this  
botticelli

scrape that kickstand...urg

botticelli
In knee down riding, and in left handers, your kickstand will scrape, and I hate it.

It really unsettles the bike at the worst possible time.

Anyone have a fix short of ditching it?

I'm thinking the AP shock link and a 180/60 tire can hurt my ground clearance issues! Whos been there done that and can shed some light?

~Pete

mossrider
Slow down?

Ha! Sorry, couldn't a pass it up. ?

You are on the right track tho, the link and a taller tire will give you quite a bit more room.
  • Like 1

botticelli
Ha, i guess that is one way, but not today!!!

Gald to hear it actually helps!

Slow down? 

Ha! Sorry, couldn't a pass it up. ?

You are on the right track tho, the link and a taller tire will give you quite a bit more room.

xyu
I've just kept scraping it until it's warn that side of the stand down. Sure, now my stand is thinner, and the part that's scraped away is getting rusty, but it scrapes much less now, so there's that.

avanti
Perhaps, you need to consider how you set-up your bike for the street and the track and do so; then, ride appropriately at the correct venues.
  • Like 1

xyu
Perhaps, you need to consider how you set-up your bike for the street and the track and do so; then, ride appropriately at the correct venues.
Isn't that what he's asking for help with?

jmacas87
Thinking out loud. Maybe buy one off of ebay, grind the nub off and perhaps some of the foot. Also, where the kickstand is while up, you can grind the mount a little so that the kickstand sits up higher.

kickstandclearance.jpg

It will make it slightly harder I'm guessing to deploy when you need to get off the bike. Where does it actually scrape?

faffi
I wonder how far you need to lean over to get the stand down? I have no chicken strips on the rear tyre and just a thin stripe either side on the front, but other than my toes nothing scrapes. I know I am a wuzz and can lean further, but I chicken out. Or, as I like to tell it, ride with the consideration I am on public roads that doesn't offer the same, nor the consistent, grip of a race track :D

avanti
xyu, if so, one simply removes the side-stand for racing and puts it back on when done. One uses a race-stand at the track.  Knee dragging on the street is another issue... imho.

r1limited
Go Side ways its a tracker not a road racer, get a super bike if you want clearance