ricerbird

New exhaust

ricerbird
Decided to bite the bullet and try a cheap exhaust system from china. I wanted a new exhaust because the stock one just wasn't doing it for me, even with the holes drilled in it. But I also didn't want to spend 4-800 on a setup either and really liked the idea of the m4 with the shorty muffler and lower price tag. But I didn't like the idea of the bronze colored headers and the. The bright stainless m4 pipe. But the. I found exhaust systems on aliexpress that were dirt cheap and full systems. So I spent 99.00 on this setup and 59.00 for shipping for full laser welded stainless headers and a carbon fiber muffler with removable insert. I gotta say it looks great. It's small and fits under there well, feels sturdy and I now have the ability to buy any slip on muffler I want and just slide it on there if I want to change my setup. Long story short if anyone is looking for a super cheap setup this is the way to go instead of the m4. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow when my ecu gets back from 2 wheel dynoworks to hear this thing run lol8e84e0ca06df8831885507beece01209.jpg0eb0293db45f001e5c2e7db41d21506d.jpg1037dd4ed91db9bcec80c1e3fa9efaa1.jpg3d16f91e8b16ea4dff0dce82a42a64bb.jpgeb119431459de8e7cb91ff8a87381e52.jpgb230518b9fe551fbe4473dd892928369.jpg58a4bb797c227ff074621c09edb592a7.jpg
  • Like 3

USMCFieldMP
That small of a muffler is going to blow your ear drums out. Not that I'm complaining, just giving you a warning, lol.

Looks good. You'll love the way these bikes sounds with a pipe on them.

ricerbird
I knew the m4 was loud lol I figured this was too. But all of my bikes have been loud and my Harley was straight piped. I

USMCFieldMP
I like loud too. I once ran nothing but an 18" long straight pipe off the turbo on a 400+ whp car. Exited straight downward behind the engine. Ear splitting, but smile inducing.

Beemer
I like the idea that you can get it that cheap, that it's stainless, that it's louder than stock and that you can simply slip another slip-on onto the pipe later but I wouldn't like how loud it (I assume) will constantly be. Maybe some extra packing, if possible, would help with that??? Over all, I think it's a good deal. I'm questioning the loss of torque since there is no snail pipe. Will 2 Wheel Dynoworks rectify that with their tune?

blackout
Welds look great. I assume laser welding is TIG welding without adding filler rod. Also called fusion welding.

ricerbird
The tune I asked for was the one for the m4 pipe as they are similar. And I have a silencer I can bolt in to the muffler and it's at least 50% more quiet so if I wanted to go on a road trip or something I can knock the volume down easily and when I get there take it back out. I'm going to ride of the century here soon and it's about a 2 hour ride there and I will definitely have the silencer in for that trip lol.
  • Like 1

motomeek
It's so cuuuuute!

ricerbird
It's so cuuuuute!

Sounds absolutely demonic. It puts a smile on my face every time I hit that throttle, and I just giggle like a little kid lol
  • Like 2

squiernut
Looks good! Is this the one you got? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/motorcycle-exhaust-connector-contact-pipe-for-KAWASAKI-ER6N-ER6F-Ninja650R-2012-2016-without-exhaust/32739288948.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.132.39g5Xr&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0

It doesn't say that a db killer comes with it, but you mentioned that it does.  Does the db killer quiet it down a lot?  As much as I like a loud bike, I don't want it that loud day in and day out.  Thanks!

ricerbird
Looks good! Is this the one you got? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/motorcycle-exhaust-connector-contact-pipe-for-KAWASAKI-ER6N-ER6F-Ninja650R-2012-2016-without-exhaust/32739288948.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.132.39g5Xr&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0 
It doesn't say that a db killer comes with it, but you mentioned that it does.  Does the db killer quiet it down a lot?  As much as I like a loud bike, I don't want it that loud day in and day out.  Thanks!

Yes that's the exact one I bought. And it does come with the silencer and it does quiet it down quite a bit. I haven't ridden it with it in but I put it in and gave it a few Revs one day and it sounded more like my stock muffler with the holes drilled in it. The company ships it pretty quick and it's packaged well. Takes about a week and a half maybe 2 weeks to get it
  • Like 1

ricerbird
I have a db meter at home I'll compare the two tonight with the silencer and without
  • Like 1

squiernut
Very cool! I have a stock exhaust that I drilled. I think it sounds good and not too loud, but a little louder would be fine with me. Thanks for the response.

hobbs
That's a good deal. It's basically a facsimile of the @marthy slip on kit. Which for the record, adds a nice hump in hp and a little torque right in the middle of the powerband. The sweet spot in my opinion.

If you get a new muffler I'd go with Delkevic. Good quality, sound and there's a ton of different lengths.