Sign in to follow this  
nightic

Help required: Pillion footpeg mount measurement request

nightic
Hi guys,

Been lurking here for a while, from Europe, and just had a quick question that I hope someone can help with.

I've just taken delivery of a new XSR700 (MT-07 ended up being a bit cramped for me) and am looking at luggage solutions for it.
As I'll most likely be going for larger saddlebags of some type (Kreiga Duo-28/36 topping the list at the moment), a support rail will be necessary/advisable.

I'm ideally looking for a quick-release type and the one SW-Motech supply with their 'Blaze' saddelbags looks ideal.
(This part is also offered seperately as an official Yamaha MT-07 accessory: 'Soft Side Bags Stays' - P/N: 1WS-FSSBS-00-00.)

I was therefore wondering if a kind FZ-07/MT-07 owner out there could let me know the hole spacing of the pillion footpeg mounts (as per the image below), as although I believe that it's different from that of the XSR700, I'd like to see if the modification would be minor/invisible enough for me to attempt.
(Incidentally, the hole spacing on the XSR700, from centre to centre, is ~92.5mm.)

Thanks!

1zzgv0m.jpg

markstertt
84mm center to center...
  • Like 1

nightic
84mm center to center...
Thanks a lot for that - I appreciate you going to the trouble of taking the measurement. 
The difference seems small enough to allow the stays to work on the XSR700, with a simple modification of is bracket.

markstertt
8.5mm difference or almost 3/8", I know a lot of brackets will have one elongated hole but not sure if there's enough material for you to modify the one you're thinking of since I haven't seen it...good luck.

nightic
8.5mm difference or almost 3/8", I know a lot of brackets will have one elongated hole but not sure if there's enough material for you to modify the one you're thinking of since I haven't seen it...good luck.
I think 4-5mm per hole looks do-able on these, or alternatively, turning one of the holes in to a slot. 

2ebxx5y.jpg