The MT-07 Forum

Texas Hill Country Ride

disappointingtexan

disappointingtexan

Hit the hill country today. Ridiculously hot but incredibly beautiful as always. The 07 loves the hills and the curves. I almost feel bad for the cagers and city slickers who may never see this side of my fair state. 

Stay safe out there!
IMG_2557.jpg

USMCFieldMP

Where you travelling exactly? I've down a handful of roads between the Granbury, Glen Rose, Stephenville triangle; but haven't gotten around to getting way down around Austin and such. I've heard the roads are quite good down there.

disappointingtexan

I did about a 4 hour circuit from Austin down through Wimberley and around Canyon Lake, then back up through Wimberley and Driftwood and back to Austin. Avoiding freeways for FM roads most of the way. Strikingly beautiful. A criminally low number of bikers out there, but it was hot as fk, so I get it. 

Always looking to ride in my favorite part of the state!

Nice, good on ya! Triple heat index down in the valley has kept me from riding much, but I want to get back to hill country and ride around Lake Travis soon.

• 2 weeks later...
martyinaustin
I did about a 4 hour circuit from Austin down through Wimberley and around Canyon Lake, then back up through Wimberley and Driftwood and back to Austin. Avoiding freeways for FM roads most of the way. Strikingly beautiful. A criminally low number of bikers out there, but it was hot as fk, so I get it.  
Always looking to ride in my favorite part of the state!
hey brother...i know it's scorcher time, but hit me up sometime!  i love those roads....and i live in Austin w/ an FZ! 
marty

[div]I could barely stand riding my bike around Austin in July/Aug. You open your front door to step outside and it feels like you just opened a pre heated oven door. It's ridiculous. Talk about sweltering heat!  :P   Of course you could always ride to either of these spring fed places to cool off.  :D

https://www.austintexas.gov/department/deep-eddy-pool

https://www.austintexas.gov/department/barton-springs-pool
[/div]

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...
disappointingtexan

I ran into a guy on Cow Creek road this weekend who suggested Park Road 4. I can't wait to try it!

The heat is really only bad when standing still. Those lights... horrible!

Archived