The MT-07 Forum

Hord Power ECU tune reviews

jenningsm16

jenningsm16

I see alot of great reviews with 2WDW, but cant seem to find anything for Hord Power, his numbers for a yoshi full exhaust, hord power intake, and tune are really impressive but I know ever dyno is different and I want to make sure I am getting the best bang for my buck. Any thoughts ? 

I see alot of great reviews with 2WDW, but cant seem to find anything for Hord Power, his numbers for a yoshi full exhaust, hord power intake, and tune are really impressive but I know ever dyno is different and I want to make sure I am getting the best bang for my buck. Any thoughts ? 

Horde systems are freaking outstanding. The Custom airbox that he makes along with the ecu flash and an exhaust change make great hp increases.

Get ahold of @hordboy and tell him that you are a member here!

jenningsm16
Horde systems are freaking outstanding. The Custom airbox that he makes along with the ecu flash and an exhaust change make great hp increases.  

I sent the company a email and they recommended the yoshi, I personally really like the look of the two bros a lot more but he didn't have any dyno charts with that system on it so I am worried about the flash part. 

• Premium Member

Ive run stock and a Yoshi with an EJK. The EJK for its much lower price mind you, added a nice subtle tuning ability that balanced out ratios for different exhausts etc, but if you're willing to spend more I guarantee you'll have a brand new ride.

Right now I feel Ive found this bike's definitive sweet spot. I have the full Yoshi SS, the Hordfilter and his custom map loaded on a PC-V. It is smooth through and through, the engine braking is buttery, and it just keeps pulling through all gears. Performance aside, it looks cool, sounds cool, and IMO is a unique bit of kit.

Im sure the ECU flash is great as members claim but I feel Ive no need of one with my config. Hord's filter and PC-V map really, really makes this bike a true shining beast.  Do your bike and yourself a favour and seriously consider the Hordfilter and PC-V. Worth every penny.

• Like 3

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I sent the company a email and they recommended the yoshi, I personally really like the look of the two bros a lot more but he didn't have any dyno charts with that system on it so I am worried about the flash part. 

The Yoshimura and Two Bros should be real close for a tune. I see no issues using a Yoshimura tune on a bike with Two Bros.
  • Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 7 months later...

I know this is late for the OP, but my almost 2yo Hord Power prototype airbox (with Akra-Ti & dyno-tuned with a PCV) is still the best performance upgrade for a stock FZ07 motor.

img_0271-X2.jpg

Gray - Stock FZ07 mapping with Akra-Ti exhaust (silencer in)

Red - Added Hord Power Airbox ...

Blue - Added my WB O2+road-tuned PCV mapping ...

Green - Added Live-Moto dyno-tuned PCV mapping.

If you have more money, spend it on track days! :-)

Catfish ...

• Premium Member

https://www.hordpower.com/gallery3/index.php/Dyno-Charts/Yamaha-FZ-07

Problem solved for now... the exhausts Hordpower sells on his website are the ones he's got a tune made for ready to go...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 3 weeks later...
HARRY BALZAK

Quick question on the Hord intake pod, I'm assuming that isn't riding in the rain friendly, correct? I'm like the post office I ride rain, shine, or snow, don't really care. I don't have a lot of experience with this type of intake system outside of my Z125, it has a similar setup and I know I had to order a special intake cover if I planned on riding in the rain. I assume the Hord system would be the same? Anyone know? Thanks.

Edited by HARRY BALZAK

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, HARRY BALZAK said:

Quick question on the Hord intake pod, I'm assuming that isn't riding in the rain friendly, correct? I'm like the post office I ride rain, shine, or snow, don't really care. I don't have a lot of experience with this type of intake system outside of my Z125, it has a similar setup and I know I had to order a special intake cover if I planned on riding in the rain. I assume the Hord system would be the same? Anyone know? Thanks.

No problems in weather...you can buy a filter skin if it bothers you that bad...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

HARRY BALZAK

It's not really weather it bothers me I'm more concerned about bothering my bike by sucking rain into my engine while riding in a down pour. Yes, the misspelling was intentional, and yes I find that funny. I'm a real hoot at parties.

• Premium Member

Moisture in air is same as rain... even with no rain and high humidity your motor will consume that heavy water laden high humidity air... unless you wanna hook up an air dryer? 

HARRY BALZAK

Do you have a link to that install? What kind of hp gains can I expect? What's the best oil to run with that set up?

*I found that my original question seems to have been asked a few times before. Thanks for answering it when you could/should have said the search function is your friend. I swear this isn't my first time on a forum. I'll go sit at the kids table now.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

My advise- don't get the "pre-charger" filter (sock).... I doesn't fit over the mounting bracket without modification. I bought one only because I'm "vein", and don't really like the color/appearance of the open K&N air filter 😬. I ran a similar set-up on my Yamaha Banshee (2-stroke ATV). When the "pre-charger" got soaked in an all-day rain, the Banshee died.... In a last-ditch-effort, I pulled the pre-charger off (hoping to make it home), It fired on the first kick, and I made it another 20+ miles in what felt like a monsoon. When I got home, I changed the gearbox oil (precautionary). I found NOTHING abnormal, no "milkiness"- nothing 😎. K&N makes a wonderful product. I would have ZERO issues running an open K&N filter in ANY weather conditions. I say this only because I've seen firsthand that they build a superior air filter that can take anything nature can throw at it 😊. Pull the trigger on the Hord system- the corners of your mouth, will touch your ears 👍-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 2 years later...
Brandonfz

Hi I no this is a old post but does anybody know if u can use a pcv Hord map on a pv3 tuner? 

19 hours ago, Brandonfz said:

Hi I no this is a old post but does anybody know if u can use a pcv Hord map on a pv3 tuner? 

Don’t see any reason why not, should be able to import it into the powervision software the same as any other pcv map.