The MT-07 Forum

Worth it? 6000 CAD for 2016

rogueone

I know someone thats selling an fz 07 for 6000 CAD (~4660.5 USD).
It has 4500 km (2796.17 mi). Fully stock except fender eliminator and bar end mirrors.
Clean bike (he says)

What do you guys think?

• Global Moderator

It also depends on where in Canada. Compare it with other offerings on Kijiji etc..
But I don 't think 6k is a bad deal but nit a steal. A new one is $7.5k but there are some fees and tax, although you will have to pay tax on the 6k if you are in Ontario.
I would personally buy it brand new if you can afford it. Nothing beats picking up a virgin bike in the colour you want and you can break in yourself.

It also depends on where in Canada. Compare it with other offerings on Kijiji etc.. But I don 't think 6k is a bad deal but not a steal. A new one is $7.5k but there are some fees and tax, although you will have to pay tax on the 6k if you are in Ontario.
I would personally buy it brand new if you can afford it. Nothing beats picking up a virgin bike in the colour you want and you can break in yourself.
Thats very true. I'm a student with a part time so budget isn't flexable. But one day I will buy a new bike! :)
When you say its not a steal, how much would you consider a really good deal? (realistically)
Maybe I can work with him to bring it down. These are 7900 - 8~~~ new in Ontario and with taxs it comes to 8900 - 9600 (depending on the dealer)

If it's clean, well taken care of with low miles like that I personally would pay that. It's closer to being fair than it is a rip off.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Like Beemer said, It's not a steal but it is fair. If you can afford 6k and dig the bike, then go for it. Maybe try and knock a couple of 100 off or try and get some of his gear or accessories. It also depends on the seller, if he's a nice and honest guy, I wouldn't haggle too much.

The 2017 non ABS is $7499 according to the Yamaha website (I live in Ontario too). They usually add about 500 for prepping and fees. So 8k plus tax is $9050. This bike is $6000 plus 13% tax is $6780 so you are saving $2270. You could ask if the seller is willing to make a bill of sale for $5k so you can save a bit of tax. He would also have to provide a safety.

And let me say it this:. If someone offered $6000 for my bike (a 2015) I would not let it go. These bikes are amazing.

• Premium Member

+1 for all comments here. It really is a fantastic bike. Go on, git! Buy it before someone else gets their meat-hooks into it!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
This guy is the proud new owner of a 2015 which he bought for the same amount. So I guess this shows that it could be a pretty good deal.

I paid $6200 for a 2016 with 1100km on it. Already broken in with first service done. I'm in Alberta so I didn't have to pay tax since it was a private sale.

Low ball him tell the seller 1500 cash like they do in Craigs L :) Sarcasim

Agree with the sentiment if it is clean. Ask for maintenance records, take a good close look at chain, cables, tires rim, and look for any indication it may have been tossed on its side. That would be grind marks in areas like foot pegs, side of swing arm under the axle nut etc. Look for bent missing teeth on the rear sprocket, how gummed up is the chain? feel under the swing arm nearest where chain exists the engine area for gum, muck and grud. Look under the bike for the same. If you are paying a high price for a bike, ensure it is worth it as it would be not a good deal if you have to put a few hundred into it to replace chain, sprockets etc

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

What I do when I look over a bike is bring one of those bright LED flashlights. And I use it even when there is enough light to see the bike. It really helps me focus on the specific area I am shining the light on. It is too easy for me to fall in love with the whole picture. I also ask the seller not to say anything while I concentrate on the bike. It is sometimes somewhat awkward but the tension also helps later negotiations.

This guy is the proud new owner of a 2015 which he bought for the same amount. So I guess this shows that it could be a pretty good deal.
I bought a 2015 last week for $6000, sales slip for $500 so $75 in taxes. Needed to be registered, so another $60-80 whatever it costs. It had 4000kms on it, $100 windshield, Full M4 exhaust, so $600-$1000, Frame sliders cost unknown, and a race stand, $100. So for a year newer, $6000 is not bad, but I'd never have one of these bikes without an exhaust installed. Like riding a sewing machine.

+1 for all comments here. It really is a fantastic bike. Go on, git! Buy it before someone else gets their meat-hooks into it!
What Mr. Puss said and besides, whether it's 100k miles or 100 years from now, it probably won't matter. Life's too short, git!  ;) 

Beemer

What Mr. Puss said and besides, whether it's 100k miles or 100 years from now, it probably won't matter. Life's too short, git!  ;)
You are sooooo right 
Now I am going to march right in to that Farrari shop and get the F40 right now

Well of course its the scaled 1/8 for $50 but IMA GONNA GET IT (rofl)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

You are sooooo right 
Now I am going to march right in to that Farrari shop and get the F40 right now

Well of course its the scaled 1/8 for $50 but IMA GONNA GET IT (rofl)

Cool! When you get it let me know and then drive it down to Joe's Unicorns on Fantasy Street. I'll be there waiting with the Dallas Cheer Leaders (1/8th, real plastic!) beer & Titos. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

I could not tell without at the least seeing the bike. I've gone WAY too far, toooooo many times to look at vehicles that were "perfect" to find... well, that NOT the case, at least not imho.

Earlier this year, I bought a 2015 FZ-07 with 4000km for 5700$ CAD (In Montreal, Quebec)
So that deal is pretty good if the bike is in top shape!

Archived