The MT-07 Forum

Bent rim... Wheels for the FZ-07?

hugson2wheels

hugson2wheels

Heya gang... I recently bent my rear wheel only on one side from a pothole during a medium speed turn. I'm not loosing any air and I was able to repair it with a mallet.

Two questions please...

I'm thinking of replacing the rim but I would like to replace it with a different color (red). Does anyone make wheels for the FZ-07? Or does any other model yamaha wheel fit on the FZ-07 (as in, being able to swap the sprocket and brake disk onto another yamaha's rim)

Secondly. Should I just keep the original rim I repaired? I was able to get it back to 90% and never lost air.

Thanks!

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• Premium Member

I have no idea what might or might not interchange, sorry. But, don't use a repaired aluminum wheel.   TOOOO important to leave to the luck of the bend/rebend/failure spirits! I suspect you can probably find a used original online if you don't wish to splurge for a new (my recommendation--new, that is). 

If you want a different color, have one painted or powder-coated to suit. All the best.

The material on these rims are soft, no diff between FZ09 or FZ07 same crappy soft material. Not any options but OEM for FZ

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
The material on these rims are soft, no diff between FZ09 or FZ07 same crappy soft material. Not any options but OEM for FZ
That would be called aluminum, lol.  But seriously, I just changed the tires on my FZ07 wheels and they actually felt quite rigid as I was prying quite hard on the wheels with the tire irons to get the tires off and then the new ones on.  :)  

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

hugson2wheels

Does anyone have any links or info on aftermarket wheels that would fit our bike? I'm open to any kind of material be it magnesium or carbon fiber or aluminum Thanks

That would be called aluminum, lol.  But seriously, I just changed the tires on my FZ07 wheels and they actually felt quite rigid as I was prying quite hard on the wheels with the tire irons to get the tires off and then the new ones on.  :)  
I use a hack saw and then a 20 lb rubber mallet and soak the tire in oil to beat them suckers on. Its worser trying to put a 16in tire on that 17 inc rim, you have to use a acetiline tourch to get the wheel to bend into shape (rofl)  

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

"Maybe a pair of these??
www.omniaracing.net/en/kineo-350x17-front-wire-wheel-for-yamaha-mt07-abs-20142015-p-37368.html
They look amazing!"

Do you really wanna mess with spoked wheels if ya don't have to??? REALLY?

hugson2wheels

Anyone know if an R6 rear will fit on our fz-07?

Its 0.065 ahh never mind ;)

babisstinson
"Maybe a pair of these?? www.omniaracing.net/en/kineo-350x17-front-wire-wheel-for-yamaha-mt07-abs-20142015-p-37368.html
They look amazing!"

Do you really wanna mess with spoked wheels if ya don't have to??? REALLY?
\\I was under the impression that spoked wheels have more tolerance (can stand more banging) and that's why real off road bikes use them. On top of that they just look awesome.  :)

Archived