The MT-07 Forum

LED Running Lights

jhull27

Hi All.  I recently installed LED turn signals up front on my 2016.  After doing so, they no longer work as running lamps, just turn signals.

Has anyone run into this issue or have any idea of a solution?

Thank you

It's usually because the aftermarket LED signals are using a 2-wire configuration (only black & red).

The stock turn signals use 3-wires (black, red & yellow + black, red & blue), the third wires being the daytime running light function. So if you want to retain the daytime light function, you need aftermarket turn signals that come in 3-wire configuration like Motodynamic's signals: https://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/turn-signals/flush-mount-led-front-turn-signals-2014-2016-yamaha-fz-07-fz-09.html

Hope that helps!

You do you and I'll do me.

Yeah, that Amazon description doesn't say anything about daytime running lights or 3-wires.

If you had daytime running lights with the stock signals before then they're definitely 3-wire.

I believe for your aftermarket signals, there are 2-wire to 3-wire conversion harnesses on eBay or Amazon. But honestly, at this point, it's probably not worth the money, time or effort. I'd just get a freakin' super bright LED headlight and use that as your daytime running lamp hahaha much more noticeable than small turn signals as running lamps.

A lot of the forum members use Cyclop's LED headlights and I think we get a 10% discount on it. I got their 7000 lumen version for my FZ-07: https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/7000-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-Bulb_p_169.html

You do you and I'll do me.

• Global Moderator

The stock front signals definitely have three wires. I have LED turn signals and the Cyclops headlight bulb. It is way more noticeable than running lights.

• Premium Member

I made some DRL/signals to replace the yamaha logos on the scoops and also have front and back DRL/signals (all led) by using 2 of these...they call for one per light but 2 seemed to do the trick for all 6. Everything seems just fine so far.

https://www.customled.com/products/blinker-genie

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Thanks guys. I've got the Cyclops LED headlight so the bike is visible, I'm just a bit particular with this stuff and want it running properly. I'll have to take the assembly apart again for another look. Blinker Genie may be an option.

The Proton LEDs work as DRL and they're super bright. I'm using both the cyclops and the Protons up front

Archived