The MT-07 Forum

Guage cluster relocation

scordiaboy515

Thanks for the suggestion on the gauge relocation. I did it on my wife's bike just as you did with the spacers and cutting a relief for the key. I really don't like where they located the ignition. Wife resisted the idea but after showing her the benefit she realized the need.

ben

scordiaboy515
Thanks for the suggestion on the gauge relocation. I did it on my wife's bike just as you did with the spacers and cutting a relief for the key. I really don't like where they located the ignition. Wife resisted the idea but after showing her the benefit she realized the need. 
ben
    Coolbeans... ;) 

• 10 months later...

Well, after running the gauge cluster spaced out for almost a year, I just put it back to stock. My wife was constantly having a hard time getting the key in and out, especially while wearing her riding gloves. We'll see if she notices, I didn't tell her.

ben

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

tumad how did you go about your relocation and where can the parts be found? I like the position of the gauges sitting behind the screen. What screen are you running, I'd really like to fix the issue I have with the stock position of the cluster, and I really like your set-up.

tumad how did you go about your relocation and where can the parts be found? I like the position of the gauges sitting behind the screen. What screen are you running, I'd really like to fix the issue I have with the stock position of the cluster, and I really like your set-up.
HI, I am using the Yamaha screen (it has a Yamaha logo in front so i assume its OEM) The brackets are just 2 strips af ally that I bent bit by bit untill it fitted. The holes are 8mm for all the 6mm bolts so that I can position it correctly. I used the original bolts that held the dash with a 6mm nylock underneat and a washer. 

• Premium Member
HI, I am using the Yamaha screen (it has a Yamaha logo in front so i assume its OEM) The brackets are just 2 strips af ally that I bent bit by bit untill it fitted. The holes are 8mm for all the 6mm bolts so that I can position it correctly. I used the original bolts that held the dash with a 6mm nylock underneat and a washer. 
Thanks, Tumad.

• Premium Member

Tidy Job, simple and effective! Iv'e never seen that screen before, do you have a picture from the front looking back with the screen on? I'm just curious about the lip on the bottom of the screen. I need to ask hows the wind protection with that screen and where did you get it? if you got it on-line can you put up a link, please and Thank you.

Tidy Job, simple and effective! Iv'e never seen that screen before, do you have a picture from the front looking back with the screen on? I'm just curious about the lip on the bottom of the screen. I need to ask hows the wind protection with that screen and where did you get it? if you got it on-line can you put up a link, please and Thank you.
Hi, The screen was on the bike when I bought it. Start your search here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-MT-07-Sports-Screen-Genuine-Accessory-Smoke-Grey-FZ-07-/291946011869?hash=item43f9569cdd:g:fmgAAOSwe-FU5nSL
or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291946011869?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=291946011869&rmvSB=true
or phone your Yamaha dealer I believe it's actual Yamaha accessory
Part number 1WS-F83J0-00
screen.JPG

• Premium Member
Hi, The screen was on the bike when I bought it. Start your search here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-MT-07-Sports-Screen-Genuine-Accessory-Smoke-Grey-FZ-07-/291946011869?hash=item43f9569cdd:g:fmgAAOSwe-FU5nSL
or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291946011869?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=291946011869&rmvSB=true
or phone your Yamaha dealer I believe it's actual Yamaha accessory
Part number 1WS-F83J0-00
screen.JPG
Thanks

Archived