The MT-07 Forum

Guage cluster relocation

scordiaboy515

Something I'm trying out for a a bit. Aluminum spacer's between the dash mounting bracket and handlebar mount, brings the dash a little closer into view and you don't have to bend your head down so much to read the gauges...........had to reshape the dash mount so you can get the key in and out a little easier, rode this morning and I like it. Much easier to see.....the only issue I can see is mounting a wind screen and getting to the ignition switch with the key.jJX4QhE.jpg  JkypyED.jpg  [img style=http://i.imgur.com/vfUwvc9.jpg" src="http://i.imgur.com/mpkCeV9.jpg" style="max-width:100%;"]

So maybe I'm missing it, what exactly did you do, move it up so it only covers half the bar mount screws? The last picture isnt coming in.

The Puig shield includes a riser for the Goo-age (gauge) that brings it closer to you by the same amount. It cost $159. yours looks cheaper, and simpler. The Puig bracket had lots of screws. WPZqUAX.jpg

Ok I just had to walk my arse out to the garage and look at cluster. Simple bolts and washers and its moved. I was looking at it the other day thinking about flipping it round to move it out some. Do you remember what size bolts you used?

I just stopped out at the hardware store. I picked up some bolts and 1" plastic washers (only had chrome at $5/e) and put them on. I think anything more that an inch would keep you from pulling the key out.

• Premium Member

Funny you guys mention this...I'm doing the same exact thing! Mine is just as much for aesthetics though as it is for ergonomics. The cluster fits perfect with the new handlebars I'm going with, but I need it to be slightly more outward to make it perfect :)

I'm doing the "spacer" thing as well.

I post pics when it's all finished.

:)

- Paulie

• 2 months later...

Glad I'm not the only one looking like a bobble head doll trying to read the gauges and keep my eyes on the road. 
This mod sounds like a good fix.
Anyone got any more pics?  (I can't see the picks in the first post)

• Global Moderator

Is it just me or does that look like something someone made in their garage? I like the idea but hopefully the final product will look a bit more finished.

the Gillestooling gauge mount looks like it is a two piece mount with part of it CNC machined.
I don't think the OEM flyscreen is going to fit over it though...

scordiaboy515
the Gillestooling gauge mount looks like it is a two piece mount with part of it CNC machined. I don't think the OEM flyscreen is going to fit over it though...
     You are correct, I've been riding with my set-up now for 2 months and it works just fine......does not interfere with the windscreen or getting to the ignition switch.  I will repost the pics of my spacers 

• Global Moderator

From the photos on the website I cannot see the factory fly screen still fitting. It looks like it will move the panel too far forward.

scordiaboy515

From the looks of mjh937's install, there's plenty of clearance for the key to go in the ignition switch.

scordiaboy515
Is it just me or does that look like something someone made in their garage? I like the idea but hopefully the final product will look a bit more finished.
   they are billet aluminum turned on a lathe....just a very simple design that works.....stacking washers is something a person would do in there garage ;) 

they are billet aluminum turned on a lathe....just a very simple design that works.....stacking washers is something a person would do in there garage ;)
He's talking about the Gilles tooling relocator. Not yours.

He's talking about the Gilles tooling relocator. Not yours.
Exactly!

• Global Moderator

The photo onuro has looks better than the ones posted on the website. If they had a flyscreen that covered the front of that it would be very tempting.

Archived