Sign in to follow this  
rwwinslett

Fender Eliminator Problems: 2015 fz-07

rwwinslett
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2015 fz-07 from another person, not from a dealer. He had some aftermarket effects installed on the bike already, one of which is the fender eliminator kit. The brake light and blinkers are all in one, and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet to give you a model or make. Besides that, the brake light doesn't work, but the tail light does work. Can someone offer some help as to what I should do? I really would like a brake light. I have no idea whether I should replace a fuse or circuit on the existing kit or just buy another kit. Sorry I can't offer more of a description, but any help at all would be appreciated.

~R. Winslett

i28
Does the brake light work when you hit the front brake but not when you hit the rear?
If so, adjust the rear brake light switch.

DewMan
A picture would be helpful.

mjh937
Fuses would be the first thing I would check. There are two fuse boxes, so do not stop after you have checked the first one. If you can post a photo of the tail light I am sure someone can identify it. If the fuse is not the problem there might be someone here who has replaced their tail lights who would sell their stock one to you for a good price.

Duke
Welcome to the forums!

Can you upload a picture of it? That would probably help cut down the guesswork.

Also do you have or know how to use a voltage multimeter?

rwwinslett
Does the brake light work when you hit the front brake but not when you hit the rear? If so, adjust the rear brake light switch.
The light doesn't indicate braking at all. I'm not sure if the light is supposed to get brighter or what during braking, but all of the lights are already lit up for the tail light. [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]

rwwinslett
Welcome to the forums! 
Can you upload a picture of it? That would probably help cut down the guesswork.

Also do you have or know how to use a voltage multimeter?
I'll try to upload a picture. I have a meter, that was going to be my next move. Just thought I'd ask around before I troubleshot anything further. [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]

i28
Does the brake light work when you hit the front brake but not when you hit the rear? If so, adjust the rear brake light switch.
The light doesn't indicate braking at all. I'm not sure if the light is supposed to get brighter or what during braking, but all of the lights are already lit up for the tail light. [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]
post a picture of the light so we can find out which model it is. There is also the possibility that the brake light is stuck on right now. 

mjh937
From that photo the light looks fairly bright. Maybe @i2837856393 is right and the brake light is stuck on.

rwwinslett
From that photo the light looks fairly bright. Maybe @i2837856393 is right and the brake light is stuck on.
Is it a button or a spring or what? Where would it be located? [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]

i28
Is it a button or a spring or what? Where would it be located? [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]
That looks like the stock light and it does look like it's stuck on. There's a little spring near the rear brake behind the heel guard. There's a nut on the bottom of that. Lemme find a diagram for you soon.

rwwinslett
That looks like the stock light and it does look like it's stuck on. There's a little spring near the rear brake behind the heel guard. There's a nut on the bottom of that. Lemme find a diagram for you soon.

You'd know more than I do, but the blinkers are also part of the light. Again, I'm not sure but it seemed like the stock fender had separate blinkers from the tail light. Either way, I hope it is just a stuck spring. Thanks for all of your help. [span style=border-radius:2px;text-indent:20px;width:auto;padding:0px 4px 0px 0px;text-align:center;font:bold 11px/20px "color:rgb(255, 255, 255);background:rgb(189, 8, 28) url("opacity:1;border:medium none]Save[/span]