The MT-07 Forum

Icon Alliance GT helmet review

gripnrip

I needed to replace my Shoei Qwest but didn't want to spend $300+ for a new helmet. After reading a bunch of reviews and trying many helmets on at the local shop I went with the Hi Viz Icon Alliance GT. I feel the sizing is true. I really like the feel of the cheek pads. They almost feel like they have gel in them. The helmet is noticeably quieter than the Shoei Qwest. There are a ton of variables that contribute to helmet noise but for a 5' 9' person on an FZ-07 (with no windscreen) it is pretty quiet. The exhaust note, which is quiet to start with, was virtually unnoticeable with the Alliance GT helmet. Buffeting at highway speeds was present but totally manageable. Ventilation was good and on par with the Qwest. I have a narrowish medium sized head (definitely not round) and it fits me great. The graphics and finish are excellent. I think Icon is exceptional in this category. I really like the internal sun visor! I wasn't sure how those would feel but I'm a big fan now. I highly recommend this helmet. I'll post pics when I get a home. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the helmet.

ducttapewd40

I'm thinking this will be my next helmet. I've always had icon helmets and they've worked pretty well for me. My only complaint is the ventilation switches seem to always break off. I currently have to open and close mine by sticking the blade if my pocket knife in there so it's not exactly something I should be doing while driving.

I can't comment on fogging issues. I haven't ridden it in conditions where fogging would be an issue. I will let you know...

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Not a typical see-it-from-space hi viz helmet but definitely more visible than some helmets.

Archived