Sign in to follow this  
worty

Got Hit

worty
Well it happen to me on Tuesday morning going to work.  Going through a roundabout and a lady in a car didn't even look and smashed into me sending me flying across the road while she ran over the front of the bike.  I had full gear on so no road rash but i did end up braking my collar bone in 2 spots so i had to spend the day at the hospital getting pins and plates in my collar.  Its is very sore right now but i think it would have been alot worse if i wasn't wearing all my gear.  The bike itself is in bad shape.  loads of scratches, leaking oil and the forks are bent pretty good.  I'm hopping they write it off so i can get a new one instead of repairing it.  had less then 6000km on it.  loved that bike.  Now i'm off work for the summer with no bike and couldn't ride one even if I had one.  The lady was charged with careless driving thanks to the 4 witness that stopped.

here is my xray of my collar bone.  when i go see the doc next week i will get a picture of the repair.

collar_bone.jpg

• Like 3

valvestem
Well it happen to me on Tuesday morning going to work.  Going through a roundabout and a lady in a car didn't even look and smashed into me sending me flying across the road while she ran over the front of the bike.  I had full gear on so no road rash but i did end up braking my collar bone in 2 spots so i had to spend the day at the hospital getting pins and plates in my collar.  Its is very sore right now but i think it would have been alot worse if i wasn't wearing all my gear.  The bike itself is in bad shape.  loads of scratches, leaking oil and the forks are bent pretty good.  I'm hopping they write it off so i can get a new one instead of repairing it.  had less then 6000km on it.  loved that bike.  Now i'm off work for the summer with no bike and couldn't ride one even if I had one.  The lady was charged with careless driving thanks to the 4 witness that stopped. 
here is my xray of my collar bone.  when i go see the doc next week i will get a picture of the repair.   Only take a split second for this kind of crap to happen.. Hope you heal fast.. 
valvestem  

collar_bone.jpg

ducttapewd40
Yikes, good thing it wasn't any worse. That break looks almost identical to the way a buddy of mine broke his last summer and apparently it heals best that way. Plus from the damage, I'd bet they'll total the bike like you want. Not much consolation there but there's worse things than laying on the couch doped up on pain meds for a while.

danfz07
Ouch! Happy it isn't worse! I swear I think road rash is worse than a broken bone. Thank goodness for good gear. Good luck with the healing and getting the bike back.

Dan

Cruizin
Wow, so sorry that this happened to you man. Good job being geared up or this could be alot worse.

I have always thought that careless driving for cagers who hit motorcyclists is a pretty weak charge. It should be a higher charge when you run into some body wth your car.

But, you now have a big legal opportunity to sue her and her insurance company. Do not sign freaking anything without having an attorney read it first. Attorneys take a portion of the money, but a good one can seriously increase the amount of money that you receive.

Get a good injury attorney, don't sign even your insurance companies paperwork without the attorney. You are off work and probably will have future pain and suffering and mental distress from this. You are certainly experiencing post traumatic stress disorder and that can effect your relationships and total mental well being for the rest of your life.

I don't want to sound like Saul Goodman, but get a good attorney and get compensated. You will certainly need the money more than you can imagine right now. She was charged, your legal door is wide open but closes the minute that you decide to just let the insurance companies "work it out" on their own.
  • Like 9

danfz07
Wow, so sorry that this happened to you man. Good job being geared up or this could be alot worse.  
I have always thought that careless driving for cagers who hit motorcyclists is a pretty weak charge. It should be a higher charge when you run into some body wth your car.

But, you now have a big legal opportunity to sue her and her insurance company. Do not sign freaking anything without having an attorney read it first. Attorneys take a portion of the money, but a good one can seriously increase the amount of money that you receive.

Get a good injury attorney, don't sign even your insurance companies paperwork without the attorney. You are off work and probably will have future pain and suffering and mental distress from this. You are certainly experiencing post traumatic stress disorder and that can effect your relationships and total mental well being for the rest of your life.

I don't want to sound like Saul Goodman, but get a good attorney and get compensated. You will certainly need the money more than you can imagine right now. She was charged, your legal door is wide open but closes the minute that you decide to just let the insurance companies "work it out" on their own.
Thats sound advice Cruizin!   

• Like 1

Cruizin

Thats sound advice Cruizin!   

My buddy got hit three yearsa go. Turns out the lady that hit him was on the clock in her job, coming back to the office from a meeting, and crashed into him.

Three years later, he has a new house, new truck, new RV, new boat and a bunch of money in the bank.

She hit him, she was found at fault, a decent attorney will jump out of his shoes to take this case and go for blood.

worty

This is the first i've ever been in. 26+ years of driving so im pretty green dealing with insurance companies. I'm not sure if I can sue or not being from Ontario, Canada but I now intend to do a little research to find out if i can get anything for my pain and suffering while she is relaxing nicely at home. 
Thanks

Cruizin

This is the first i've ever been in. 26+ years of driving so im pretty green dealing with insurance companies. I'm not sure if I can sue or not being from Ontario, Canada but I now intend to do a little research to find out if i can get anything for my pain and suffering while she is relaxing nicely at home. 
Thanks

In Ontario Canada:

you can sue the other driver for compensation for both present and future loss of income and earning ability, if you can prove that his or her negligence led to your loss. There is no requirement that your injuries be serious or permanent. Compensation for loss of income is limited to 80% of the net income you lost, starting seven days after the accident and continuing until the end of the trial. After the trial, compensation may be based on 100% of your gross future income loss.

But yeah, no pain and suffering lawsuits in Canada unless you are paralyzed.
  • Like 1

robbo10
You just never know what the idiots will do next. Get better soon.

faffi
I find racers to be generally insane. BTW, IIRC he finished 5th in the race!

Beemer
Get well soon and there are lawyers that do free consultation to answer your questions. GL!

jake
Sorry about your accident glad you are ok for the most part.

If the bike is a loss its give you a chance to get a different bike like a speed triple or a monster. Not telling you not to get another FZ because it is a good bike but its something to think about.