The MT-07 Forum

NEW MEMBER IN EAST ATL

p0k3yiii

hello, my name is pokey just got a new fz-07 fw (didnt have the graphite) from cycle nation in mcdonough GA.

im 32, used to ride alot in my teens but not since then so im taking this as a newbie.

im near the conyers covington area so if you ever want a riding buddy let me knew this is all new again to me so be gentle lol

taking my msf this thursday and thats the same day of delivery .

hoping to have a great time and get out and enjoy our country! 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome p0k3yiii! Smart of you to take the msf course. You're going to love this bike!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hey p0k3yiii, glad you could join. I have to compliment you on your excellent bike choice! You have impeccable taste :)

And it seems that we both had similar predicaments, I went looking for a white one and all MMS had was graphite.
yea i really wanted the graphite but i do vinyl wraps on the side so i planned on changing it anyway . but the dealer didn't need to know that it didnt upset me ;) 

Pokey....welcome to the forum. I'm close to you in Conley Ga. ...so if you need any help or advice you're welcome to stop over anytime. PM me for an address.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

I'm 28, straight newbie. Where are you taking your MSF course?
harley davidson in conyers lol  8-)
Yeah, I took mine at the Honda facility in Alpharetta. It's a blast!

Congrats on the purchase and good decision on the MSF class. I took mine a few years back before getting my first bike. Of course I bought a chopper and just about everything they teach you in class wasnt applicable. So now I'm trying to get signed up for the next one to do it over again.

Congrats on the purchase and good decision on the MSF class. I took mine a few years back before getting my first bike. Of course I bought a chopper and just about everything they teach you in class wasnt applicable. So now I'm trying to get signed up for the next one to do it over again.
if you are interested in classes the one i signed up for is only like 169 for the month of sept and oct heck of a deal over the 350 average from all the other locations i saw in the area i couldn't pass that price up.

• Premium Member
if you are interested in classes the one i signed up for is only like 169 for the month of sept and oct heck of a deal over the 350 average from all the other locations i saw in the area i couldn't pass that price up.
That's a great deal. I paid $250 for mine in Acworth.

So, how'd it go?
first day of class is cool its all in class first day learning basically the ins and out of motorcycling which even as a true gearhead shed some light on things for me . 
also took my fist ride this morning.

im going to need armor and frame sliders!

wayyy more bike than i thought it was going to be but im definitely hooked took it slow only cruised around in mostly 1st and second... throttle borderline too responsive for me as a novice i may have to look into how to change that

had my first unintentional wheelie and it puckered me up quick... i was not expecting it !!!

im 6'3 340pds... it was like i wasnt there veryyyyyyy powerful bike !!  

all in all im super excited to goto class and do the riding portion this weekend itll fill in a lot of the gaps i think i have and help me figure out my riding style on this bike.... if i hadn't had a small amount childhood experience i would have had a nasty first ride though .

it solidified in my mind though.... atgatt!!! (all the gear , all the time)

this is just in my super quiet subdivision , im not ready to add other cars in the mix again..

i know this sound all doom and gloom but its not im in love with the bike and riding it... i just know now how much time you should invest into truly learning how too ride!!

yep, she's got some go to her (from the newb standpoint). Cars have been an eye opener. We were out riding yesterday and I got to experience traffic for the first time. Not too horrible. Keep up the good work!

• Global Moderator

I was away from riding long enough that i concider myself a newbie. The MSF course will give you more confidence on the bike. I would not change the throttle, you will get used to it fairly quickly. Always wear gear and practice. I ride as much as I can and am having a blast.

Archived