The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovik Carbon Fiber first impressions.

roosterxp

well got it all installed.  The manifold flanges seem to sick out a lot but are tight.  I ended up stripping out the clip for the loop pipe hanger, not a big deal just replace with nut and bolt.  

When i first started it.  What a sound.  at an idle you hear WOOB WOOB WOOB, a deep mellow noticeable tone.  i took it for a 2 mile spin.. It is without a doubt louder, just like a car/truck with dual exhaust: the more throttle you give it the louder it is.. if you are easy on it, it has a nice tone but hammer the throttle and it really barks.  I cruised for a bit at 60 in 6th gear.  Cant even hear it until you give it some throttle.  
Im taking it for a good spin on Thursday.  I will report back with my full opinion.  

Remember guys, this is my opinion!!  

keep the rubber side down!!

2017 Yamaha FZ07 Black on Black. Akrapovic Carbon, 2WDW tune. Punisher Rad guard. National Cycle windscreen,

kriptikracing

Yup, same first impression I had too. Don't get me wrong I was smiling ear to ear on my first ride. BUT, I knew after my second ride that I needed to remove the baffle. The sound quality is that much better with it out. I can see how some might think it's too loud, but I was fine with the loudness.

I have an Akra C.F. pipe also and everything you said matches everything I've ever said about it. It is a good pipe that can be quiet if you want it to. I'm like a mouse when I approach a sheriff car.

Beemer

Agree 100%. Had mine installed a few weeks ago and it is amazing! My only regret is that it took me this long to get one. I finish work around midnight so the baffle is definitely staying in

So.. I took her for a 80 mile ride yesterday. It is actually not that loud while riding until you really open the throttle. Hear more wind noise that exhaust when cruising. I feel that the engine revs a little easier too, if that makes sense. I plan on a high flow intake a d an ecu reflash then I'm prob done with upgrades for a while...unless I find a turbo.. jk.
This is a great exhaust. My buddy that rode with me- when we first took off riding he said the exhaust is too loud. By the end of 80 miles he said that it sounds awesome and he wants to get something for his bike! He is also concerned about people not being able to see him on his motorcycle, other drivers and such, he thought having a louder exhaust may help? Sure, why not!

2017 Yamaha FZ07 Black on Black. Akrapovic Carbon, 2WDW tune. Punisher Rad guard. National Cycle windscreen,

So.. I took her for a 80 mile ride yesterday. It is actually not that loud while riding until you really open the throttle. Hear more wind noise that exhaust when cruising. I feel that the engine revs a little easier too, if that makes sense. I plan on a high flow intake a d an ecu reflash then I'm prob done with upgrades for a while...unless I find a turbo.. jk. This is a great exhaust. My buddy that rode with me- when we first took off riding he said the exhaust is too loud. By the end of 80 miles he said that it sounds awesome and he wants to get something for his bike! He is also concerned about people not being able to see him on his motorcycle, other drivers and such, he thought having a louder exhaust may help? Sure, why not!
Your friend should get the pipe but just don't put too much faith in it that it will make you be detected. The human moron is an awful thing and will not stop until you are dead. 

Beemer

So.. I took her for a 80 mile ride yesterday. It is actually not that loud while riding until you really open the throttle. Hear more wind noise that exhaust when cruising. I feel that the engine revs a little easier too, if that makes sense. I plan on a high flow intake a d an ecu reflash then I'm prob done with upgrades for a while...unless I find a turbo.. jk. This is a great exhaust. My buddy that rode with me- when we first took off riding he said the exhaust is too loud. By the end of 80 miles he said that it sounds awesome and he wants to get something for his bike! He is also concerned about people not being able to see him on his motorcycle, other drivers and such, he thought having a louder exhaust may help? Sure, why not!

All the lights,bells,whistles and exhausts in the world is no substitute for good road craft, safety and awareness. If you leave your safety and well being to some moron in a car you've never met you could be in for some disappointment. Just my 0.02

• 1 month later...

Installed mine about a month ago. Never installed or had an aftermarket exhaust before but I know what I like. Stock was too quiet but, in my opinion, while throttling on, the Akra CF has an unfavorable fart-can sound. Steady throttle sounds amazing and deep but when I push it, there's this super loud gurgling like a Harley Davidson kind of sound. Is this normal for everyone? Would this be resolved with a flash as I am in high altitude? I appreciate the new security in rev-bombing a cager but I hate being a nuisance when I want a bit of throttle. Help?

Archived