The MT-07 Forum

How To: Bitubo JBH & XZE11 Install

chuckles

Great job so far! Looking forward to reading the rest!
Thanks! I think I am done, I'll probably read it tomorrow and remember something I forgot the first time through :)  
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Nice write up @Chuckles! I've completed my ZXE11 install today and will start my JBH install tomorrow. Thanks for the JBH write up so I won't need to do one. :D
If I hadn't already written my ZXE11 install steps and taken all the pictures I wouldn't have bothered after you posted yours. :)

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Nice write up @chuckles ! I've completed my ZXE11 install today and will start my JBH install tomorrow. Thanks for the JBH write up so I won't need to do one. :D If I hadn't already written my ZXE11 install steps and taken all the pictures I wouldn't have bothered after you posted yours. :)
Thanks, let me know if you come across anything you think I should add after you complete your install.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Premium Member
20 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

How are you liking the setup these days? Any long term reviews?

I'm still as happy today with mine as the day I got it. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2020 at 5:13 PM, topazsparrow said:

How are you liking the setup these days? Any long term reviews?

I've had zero issues or complaints, definitely improved the handling and ride. I'm probably overdue on a fork oil change so when I get around to it I'll post some images of the internals.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the DIY, Chuckles!

As a fellow DIYer, I should add to the procedures to make it easier.

Forks:  Before disassembly while the forks are still on the bike, first crack open the top triple clamp bolts (the ones beside the fork caps).  This way, clamp pressure is hindered making it easier to crack open the top fork caps.  Next, crack open the stubborn bottom fork bolt on each leg (the ones that are loctited and requires a long Allen hex to get to.)  At this point get a pan and remove the bolt to let all the oil leak out, or just re-snug, not tighten the bolt so you could then remove the forks from the bike, without the oily mess.

Instead of using brake cleaner, which is will destroy rubber seals,  I use a solvent called Maxima Suspension Clean.  It is safe for the rubber seals impregnated in the outer (lower) fork tube.  And you could use as much as you deem necessary.  I typically use a can and a half of the Maxima to thoroughly clean both forks inside and out.  Blow dry with compressed air or leaf blower, etc.  

Before assembly, make sure fork stanchions are straight, rust free, and smooth.  Sand and polish if necessary.  Pitted, scratched, rusted, dented, bent forks are no good and will just leak oil. If you need new stanchions, TNK sells them at lower cost than OEM.

Lubrication:  To extend the life of the oil seal, I use a PTFE based seal and O-ring grease.   

A bench vise with aluminum clamps will make assembly easier, better yet, Motion Pro sells fork dedicated bench vise's which are even better.

Rear Shock:  As a rule of thumb, when installing the rear shock, DO NOT tighten the fasteners until you lower the bike with the tire on the ground and the mass is distributed.  This way the shock eyelets are properly lined up and bedded with the bosses and bolts. This prevents any potential binding when the suspension linkages are in movement.  It may be difficult to reach the lock nut for the height adjuster, but try your best. 

Finally, always check sag measurements after the bike is ridden for a few miles and the suspension oil is warm.

• Like 2

• mjh937 pinned this topic