The MT-07 Forum

What - you are THAT old?!?

faffi

Interestingly, there are quite a few of us old geezers on this forum as owner of FZ07s  P-)  It wasn't strange on the KZ650 forum, but totally unexpected for me to encounter the same thing here. If anything, the average age may even be higher here :-X

So why not let's find out the average age?

Born 1958--thinking maybe a T shirt like this would be in order: 
sons_of_arhritis.jpg

Haaa, ha! Thanks for that! There is a print shop a few miles down the road that will transfer black & white prints onto t-shirts. I'm hoping it's not just lettering they'll do because I want that on a t-shirt, it's too awesome! 8-)  

Beemer

Born 1940. Bombs dropping all around us. Anti aircraft gun across the road. Dad said he knew when that went off because the front door bell rang! We survived mainly so I could buy an MT-07 75 years later. Pure luck.

Just do it! 

Born 1958--thinking maybe a T shirt like this would be in order: 
sons_of_arhritis.jpg

Haaa, ha! Thanks for that! There is a print shop a few miles down the road that will transfer black & white prints onto t-shirts. I'm hoping it's not just lettering they'll do because I want that on a t-shirt, it's too awesome! 8-)

Oh god, that's hilarious. Someone do a mock up of that with an fz07.org logo and I'll have tshirts made up.

• Premium Member

'Twas the year nineteen hundred eighty nine, a night most cold and dreary.

Everything went braap.

Where are the young guns? I'm really surprised by the numbers.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

Representing the young and hip (and by young I mean people born in the 80's).
1984 :D
Bonus music video link for those born in the 80s:

It is fantastic and highly inspiring to have members on the upper side of 80 still buying new motorcycles and riding actively thumbs_up_sign.png 

I also find it fascinating that the average age of the members are as high as it seems, because I had imagined this was a bike that primarily appealed to the young. But now I understand it appeals to those young at heart smiling_face_with_open_mouth_and_smiling_eyes.png

martyinaustin

Oh, what a night, last December back in 63....... I'm sure there's a song about it :-)
yep...it's on your AM radio right now probably... 

Oh god, that's hilarious. Someone do a mock up of that with an fz07.org logo and I'll have tshirts made up.
I did a search and found that that print we're looking at is on a t-shirt so that might be a problem, sorry. Here they are: 
http://www.sonsofarthritis.com/

Beemer

70 next year bought mine as it was small and light
would think younger riders would go for something
with more exhaust pipes than you can count at a glance

Young riders post on Facebook and have to ask the same questions over and over and over again. Then they come here to read how to work on their bikes.

I find that younger generation is getting kinda dumb when it comes to the internet. No, really. If it isn't part of Facebook or if it doesn't have an easy phone app, today's generation doesn't know what to do.

I'm serious. The young ask more software questions and get more flustered than the 55 year olds because Facebook is making people kind of stupid.

• Premium Member
Young riders post on Facebook and have to ask the same questions over and over and over again. Then they come here to read how to work on their bikes.  
I find that younger generation is getting kinda dumb when it comes to the internet. No, really. If it isn't part of Facebook or if it doesn't have an easy phone app, today's generation doesn't know what to do.

I'm serious. The young ask more software questions and get more flustered than the 55 year olds because Facebook is making people kind of stupid.

Absolutely! Used to require time to research and find valuable information. Then more time to cross check references and weed out the fabrications and disinformation. Now people see it on social media, accept it as truth, don't think critically on the subject and go on to the next bogus post. Doesn't help that opinions are now touted as facts and those that disagree just can't be right.

Everything went braap.

Dont take the p155 out of Blondi
Crossing Shard bridge today on't way to Fleetwood,
Blondi strikes up on Smooth radio with The Tide is High,
I make some comment about geriatric pop stars between
singing along, wife says "she is only the same age as you"
Never, I think about it do the maths 3 times 2 different
ways and get the same answer, bloody hell 70 next year
ok she is 72 but all the same, keep repeating bloody hell
for the next 5 miles, for some reson 40/50/60/ did'nt
seem to matter but I don't fancy 70, should I really,
be fixing stuff between riding 350 miles one day last week
and 200 another as well as shorter runs in between,
did'nt realise how close to 70 I was, should have kept my
gob shut.
Eek!

Guest 2wheeler
It is fantastic and highly inspiring to have members on the upper side of 80 still buying new motorcycles and riding actively thumbs_up_sign.png  
I also find it fascinating that the average age of the members are as high as it seems, because I had imagined this was a bike that primarily appealed to the young. But now I understand it appeals to those young at heart smiling_face_with_open_mouth_and_smiling_eyes.png

I am the ripe young age of 59, and I have no idea what age I will be when and if I ever give up motorcycles, but.....

If my gene pool has anything to do with it, it might be a long way off. My Mom renewed her drivers license the day before her 90th birthday, and my Dad last flew a plane at 88 (as in he was the pilot). They both lived to 94, so who knows what the future has in store for me.

Hi All;
 82 here and have fz9 and fz7... The fz9 goes like hell but seem to ride the fz7 most of the time.. Hmm??
       valvestem

Archived