The MT-07 Forum

Mirror riser bolts issue

Sweeps

I ordered off eBay a left and right rotation set of bolts and mirror risers. The right side mirror accepted a bolt and riser without issue. The left side mirror bolt hole won't accept either bolt (?). The mirror screws on in a clockwise rotation. Standard bolt right? I am clearly confused why the second bolt won't screw in when the package is marked 'all thread tested. One is reverse thread and one is standard thread'. Even if I take the bolt off the right mirror it won't screw in. What am I missing understanding here please.

Apparently they may be tested but you got the wrong bolts (I am assuming) ping the manufacture where you got the item from. All I can offer

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

If it makes you feel any better I ordered similar risers off eBay and although their listing showed vehicle compatibility with a Yamaha of course their written description wasn't very clear and I ended up with the wrong risers.

What they sent would work on a Honda where both sides are threaded the same.

Now I have to carefully order another set with both right- and left-hand threaded bolts. At least these things are pretty cheap online.

If it makes you feel any better I ordered similar risers off eBay and although their listing showed vehicle compatibility with a Yamaha of course their written description wasn't very clear and I ended up with the wrong risers.  
What they sent would work on a Honda where both sides are threaded the same.

Now I have to carefully order another set with both right- and left-hand threaded bolts. At least these things are pretty cheap online.

You may want to check these out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLOY6GI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
Not only do they raise the mirrors, they also move them out a bit and now the stock mirrors are more effective.

I got them, too, as did my other fz-07 riding buddy. One is threaded left and the other right hand thread. Switch them around, and they will work. They are made this way, so you can slightly adjust the mirror "post", forward or back, without the threads loosening. Mine work great!

I got the same to just shortened the left bolt till it went tight.
easier enough to do.
there are left and right handed bolts.

Archived