Sign in to follow this  
scordiaboy515

M4 system has arrived!

scordiaboy515
Looks good to me..................http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/yamaha-fz07-2015.htm  ......looks like the install can be done with a hack saw, file or angle grinder, no big deal ;)

Guest MXRider
It's a pretty good looking and economical alternative to some of the full systems, that's for sure.
  • Like 1

scordiaboy515
absolutely.......already have it on order, will post pics when I do the install

Cruizin
I have one on my FZ-09.

You will need

1.Device to cut your pipe. I used Hacksaw in a vise. some have used a Sawx all but man, hard to cut straight.

2.Angle grinder. To grind down both your cut and probably the factory weld. (on the fz09, you install it on the factory weld, not sure about the FZ-07)

3.I suggest a deburring tool. Dremel type. Look inside the pipe when you cut it and you will see all kinds of factory weld burrs protruding out, and this limits airflow from the engine. Burring these down adds even more HP.

4.then just grab a wrench and attach the slipon to the pipe, and then install.

PearlWhiteFZ
Can't wait to hear it! I have been saving up for this exhaust:D

jerryv
Motomeek has this one, right? Wonder if she got it back yet?

nmucat
I thought Motomeek had the yoshi?

This is very tempting, if only in an aluminum or ss version, I'm not found of the cf look.

Do you need a fueling solution to go with this one or is good to just swap out?

Guest montana07
Nice, great to see more options coming available in NA.

thestache
I thought Motomeek had the yoshi? 
This is very tempting, if only in an aluminum or ss version, I'm not found of the cf look.

Do you need a fueling solution to go with this one or is good to just swap out?
That's my question, cuz if not....SOLD!!!!!

Cruizin
You need Fueling solution. Alot of dealers will void warranty if you don't get a fuel controller because your bike will run very lean. But hey, the Dobeck EJK doesn't cost very much, and you get a HUGE discount if you are a Veteran. Plus, without the Fuel controller, you will be missing more HP.

nmucat
Thanks Cruizin, and your right the Dobeck EJK isnt that pricey. With the two your still less than the other options out there.

Cruizin
Yep, the Dobeck Stage One combo with Exhaust and Fuel controller in one package is the best way to go. Great price when you add the two up and the Dobeck comes pre programmed for your particular exhaust.

jfree1984
Whomever gets it first, I am sure many are anxious to hear it.

scordiaboy515
Something to keep in mind about these FC's,  the lean condition with an after market exhaust is only at idle and part throttle...at WOT the mapping is fine....the manufacturer's  know that a lean condition at WOT will hurt the engine. That's why when you add a aftermarket exhaust with stock mapping it makes a couple more ponies at redline and loses a little mid range torque in most cases. The leanness at part throttle is for emissions.....just like back in the day of carbs, when you put a header and individual pod filters on your bike the needles and pilot jets where the only thing you had to change, unless one built the engine and added more squeeze and cams then you would change the mains 

Cruizin
Yes, but just how often are you at WOT? All the time in traffic, stop and go or doing the speedlimit without a fuel cntroller and with a modified exhaust my FZ-09 ran hot and weird until I added the Fuel Controller.

motoantix13
Does this add on void my factory warranty?