roosterxp

New helmet lots of wind noise

roosterxp
I have a Bell Revolver helmet, I really like it and am putting a SENA communicator in it.. however I get a ton of wind noise in it.. While im riding if i shrug my shoulders up to my helmet it really quiets it down.. what can i do to best cut the wind noise and be able to hear my speakers and stuff...?

ravenlord
Rig yourself up some sort of baffle for the neck. I think there are a few companies that sell them... Or never use a highway.
  • Like 2

i28
I started wearing ear plugs a while back. Recently I went on a 5 minute ride without them and it was painful. I can't imagine the amount of hearing damage people get without them. Also, you hear better with earplugs (I've got facts to back this up.)

Just sayin' ?
  • Like 3

faffi
rossco
first the vents right behind the ears I used to cover with tape and it would cut the wind noise. this was on the Bell Vortex which is close to what you have.

r1limited
Try an arai

WHAT!!!!!

dony
I used to have a Bell and found it very noisy also. I have upgraded to a Shoei and while it is not perfect it is night and day better than the Bell. I too will be trying ear plugs but I have yet to find some that either don't come out when I put on my helmet or stay in my ears when I get it on. 
  • Like 1

norcal616
AVG K5 is a great helmet...only gets a tad louder if I open chin vent...
  • Like 1

motomeek
If you're looking for a quieter helmet, you'll most likely be looking at a helmet with smaller/less air vents. Chin skirts definitely help. I've actually made one by cutting up an older shirt and tucking it into my helmet. Might get a little warm tho since you're blocking the wind.

rider
I've never come up with a way to make a helmet much quieter than it already was. Chin curtains help some, but never enough for me. I ride with ear buds hooked to my Sena. They cut out most of the wind noise without blocking traffic sounds too much and make the Sena sound much better than the speakers. If you're worried about hearing stuff around you, try 1 ear bud in one ear and an ear plug in the other. I use cheap Ifrogz or Skullcandy earbuds from Walmart and just cheap foamies for plugs. If the ear buds keep coming out of your ears, put them in so the cord points up and wrap it over and behind your ear, or get a sweat-wicking skull cap.

robbo10
I cannot use earplugs. So, I have a slip of leather that goes over my head and covers the ears (like earmuffs). It has a foam pad for each ear. I make up paper tissue pads for putting into the ears. It looks ridiculous to everyone, but then helmet over it and it all stays nicely in place. Wind noise with vents open on my new AGV K5 is good and safe.

taliben
Where do you guys get earplugs? Any specific type? I saw some people got big bundles off amazon.

Mr.Puss
Where do you guys get earplugs? Any specific type? I saw some people got big bundles off amazon.
Give this place a look-see. I havent ordered from here but they do have a few decent looking trial variety packs...  
http://www.earplugstore.com/

r1limited
Be forewarned on ear plugs depending on what country and evil state you live in. But here in the US especially Cimmiefornia ear plugs is a crime punishable by flogging and having to watch Fienstien get buck stark necked

But we is rebels with pseudo cause ;)

i28
Home depot has the 80 pack of 3m orange earplugs for $15. This is what I've started using lately and it's the best. You can usually find some at any major sports store or rite-aid too.