The MT-07 Forum

Undiscovered British roads made for riding

faffi

Nice looking road, beautiful countryside but it seems narrow compared to the two lane roads I'm used to seeing.

Beemer

[video src=https://www.facebook.com/100000016030692/videos/1554081304602389/] Undiscovered British roads?
dont take any notice no such thing undiscovered roads.
all roads are common its only those who don't venture out enough that don't know.
a lot of bikers like to go to meets etc so they tend not to venture off the main roads.
mostly because they (sport bikes) only have on average short tank range of 120 miles but not more than 140 miles.
hardly any petrol station on these rural roads so if you run out then its tuff.
we(wife) travel all over unlike yours it some times take hours just to do a 150 mile trip.
yesterday we did 212 miles trip and took all day with breaks for picnic and stops for viewing ..cafe etc.
heres a vid on our recent trip but its on facebook....

faffi - I went back to see what I'd seen before and it's the camera perspective that makes the road appear narrow at times. It changes throughout the video, depending on the camera man.

Beemer

• 3 years later...

its been nearly 2 or 3 years since I was last on here. sold my red tracer 700 and bought the tracer 900.

now gone back to the tracer 700 which in my opinion a better bike all round not as torque or fast but enough for me.

so far with all this pandemic and lock down I've done less than 800 miles so still running it in. last of the old model.sorry to say the new one doesn't appeal to me.

anyway here she is as I got her...

a1.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2021 at 8:45 AM, johnakay said:

its been nearly 2 or 3 years since I was last on here. sold my red tracer 700 and bought the tracer 900.

now gone back to the tracer 700 which in my opinion a better bike all round not as torque or fast but enough for me.

so far with all this pandemic and lock down I've done less than 800 miles so still running it in. last of the old model.sorry to say the new one doesn't appeal to me.

anyway here she is as I got her...

a1.JPG

Love that color and that will most likely be my next...in a few years 😁