The MT-07 Forum

Paddock stand width?

Sweeps

I am looking to add a swing arm paddock stand. What width does best? Prefer not to scratch my swing arms as some have done. Thanks

• Global Moderator

Just measured mine and it is set at 13" between the outboard part of each pad.

• Premium Member

If I'm understanding correctly, most stands I've seen are adjustable for width so as to be usable on many different bikes.

I see some are 11"-13" so that is why I asked the question. Wasn't sure if the FZ-07 was 14" or something else

Word of caution for purchasing any paddock stand. Many are bolt together and join in the round tubes at the bottom. They are prone to not clamp properly and droop, sometimes on one side, and drop the bike. Check out the structure well. I buy them anyway and weld them, but it isn't an option open to everybody.
On the bobbins note: There are available some really good bobbin mounts that slide in to replace the stock chain adjuster. I bought some very well made chinese ones and they are very stable and work well. If you are the only the best type owner Gillies make some as well I think. Supporting the stock highly sloped underneath of the swingarm is a bit precarious to say the least.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived