Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Guest unknown

How to: Installing R6 Throttle Tube

tugamik
Tried both tubes, Motion Pro an R6 Yamaha OEM.
Prefer the R6.
Totally recomended mod!
Now I can get WOT easily without hurting my knee with my elbow!!!

r1limited
Take the old one off put the new one on very simple

digitalsteve
On 4/4/2017 at 3:43 AM, pineappleunderthesea said:

Installed the OEM R6 tube/grip (2C0-26240-00-00) this weekend. Like others in this thread, had to loosen the slack on the throttle body side almost as high as the top nut would go, but that's all it took for the throttle to operate perfectly.

I have Rhinomoto bar ends with my CRG mirrors, and it interferes with the R6 grip when you tighten down the bar end (throttle stays open). Took my dremel took with a sanding head and removed a bit of the grip rubber that interfered, and all was well.

In terms of riding, things are definitely more responsive. I was afraid it would be too "nervous", but not a problem once you get use to it.

Isn't the length of the two tube/grips the same?!

pineappleunderthesea
22 hours ago, digitalsteve said:

Isn't the length of the two tube/grips the same?!

They are basically the same, but the rubber at the end of the R6 grip seems to be more...rubbery.  It was just enough to cause slight interference.  Frankly this is something Rhinomoto could have avoided by shaving a bit of metal off the radius of their bar end, but OK, wasn't a big deal shaving some rubber off.  Just be ready to have fine rubber powder on your hands and bike !

digitalsteve
On 14/09/2017 at 11:53 AM, pineappleunderthesea said:

They are basically the same, but the rubber at the end of the R6 grip seems to be more...rubbery.  It was just enough to cause slight interference.  Frankly this is something Rhinomoto could have avoided by shaving a bit of metal off the radius of their bar end, but OK, wasn't a big deal shaving some rubber off.  Just be ready to have fine rubber powder on your hands and bike !

I don't have this problem at all

firstyammerha

I did this swap this morning using the oem R6 throttle from BikeBandit. Nobody has mentioned pricing but the oem was $28 and Motion Pro about $8.00. I wonder what the local dealer would charge? Anybody know? I liked the oem grip which doesn't exactly match the FZ07 grip but it's close enough for me. In hindsight,I should have re-read the post on adjusting throttle cable slack before I jumped into action. It would have saved me some time. I hope this will help my rev matching. It drives me buggy. 

i28
1 hour ago, phanomenal07 said:

Yamaha 2C0262400000 Grip Assembly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005C59NO2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aFowAbWFG1VVZ

so I failed at installing this yesterday. Adjusted the cable and everything and it still doesn’t work. Seems like it is rubbing inside the housing.

was it getting stuck?

i had the same issue and it was due to me not adjusting the cable loose enough. you have to open up the cable way more than you think.

phanomenal07
23 minutes ago, i28 said:

was it getting stuck?

i had the same issue and it was due to me not adjusting the cable loose enough. you have to open up the cable way more than you think.

How did you do it? Just from adjusting the cable at the handlebar or did you have to adjust the cable at the throttle body too

i28
4 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

How did you do it? Just from adjusting the cable at the handlebar or did you have to adjust the cable at the throttle body too

Both. I adjusted down at the throttle body to get more slack and then fine tuned it near the handlebar.

• Thanks 1

phanomenal07

Anybody have instructions and pics of how to adjust the cable near the throttle body?

i28
4 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Anybody have instructions and pics of how to adjust the cable near the throttle body?

There are also some pictures in the service manual, I think, so try and get that. 

• Thanks 1