Sign in to follow this  
chuckles

Just Made My Night

chuckles
@bellissimoto just made my night, I finally received shipping notification for my Bitubo forks and shock!!! The wait was killing me but I'm sure it will be well worth it.  :)  Ill post my initial impressions next weekend after install.
  • Like 7

Cruizin
Congrats man! You picked a great vendor to buy from too!
  • Like 3

Mr.Puss
Nice! I'm following your example with Bellissimoto and Bitubo. Looking forward to your report.

• Like 2

chuckles
I'll be sure to take pictures of the install and maybe do a mini write up. They are comming on the 20th and I am really tempted to take a half day at work to install them haha
  • Like 4

DewMan
Congrats @chuckles. Mine will be arriving the day after yours. :)
  • Like 4

Cruizin
I'll be sure to take pictures of the install and maybe do a mini write up. They are comming on the 20th and I am really tempted to take a half day at work to install them haha

that would make a great tech tip!

chuckles
Install is done, it took about 4 beers to complete and one trip to the hardware store. I took a bunch of pictures so I'll work on a write up over the next few days. I set sag already to 23mm on the front and 25mm on the rear. From my brief ride through town, it is a huge improvement.
  • Like 5

mjh937
I am looking forward to your write up. Suspension is about all I have left to do on my bike.
  • Like 2

DewMan
@chuckles Glad it went smooth for you. Since mine will arrive tomorrow I'm curious, what did you need from the hardware store?
  • Like 1

chuckles
@chuckles Glad it went smooth for you. Since mine will arrive tomorrow I'm curious, what did you need from the hardware store?
I didn't check to see if the pvc I had laying around fit over the tubes to knock the fork seals in. Turns out that std pvc sizes don't work for our forks so i ended up using electrical tape. If you aren't doing the bushings then you don't have to worry about it. But since you are going in there I would highly recommend replacing the OE bushings with the correct ones from forks by matt. I have 12k on the stock forks and one of the lower bushings had all of the teflon worn off already and the other wasn't far behind.
  • Like 1

DewMan
Thanks @chuckles. I've got the proper seal slider. Yep, I've got replacement bushings from Matt since I'll be in there anyway. :)

chuckles
Thanks @chuckles. I've got the proper seal slider. Yep, I've got replacement bushings from Matt since I'll be in there anyway. :)

No problem, the seal driver was one thing I over looked but luckily the electrical tape worked like a charm. Let me know if you have any questions during install. The directions are a little sparse and getting the forks apart was a pain.
  • Like 2

Mr.Puss
Thanks @chuckles . I've got the proper seal slider. Yep, I've got replacement bushings from Matt since I'll be in there anyway. :)
@dewman , and @chuckles , Im right behind you cats in receiving this same set-up....I have no clue as to what I need here and it sounds like Im in need of extra bits and pieces....I see I should get new bushings from Matt here and are there extra bits that I should acquire? A handy suggestion but the hell if I'm using tape. :D 
Much thanks!

chuckles
haha pick up the lower fork bushings and seals from matt, then order a 41mm fork seal driver off amazon and get a 28mm shallow socket if you don't already have one. also make sure you have an impact gun and ratchet strap for the lower bolt on the forks. And for the record the tape worked just fine :)

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

• Like 1

Mr.Puss
haha pick up the lower fork bushings and seals from matt, then order a 41mm fork seal driver off amazon and get a 28mm shallow socket if you don't already have one. also make sure you have an impact gun and ratchet strap for the lower bolt on the forks. And for the record the tape worked just fine :) 

Great, thanks very much for the tips @chuckles. Im sure tape is fine, call me picky. Ill order up these bits from Matt and amazon, although I'll need to seek out a real man with an impact gun. HA.