The MT-07 Forum

WA cager rant

r1limited

I live in WA so I have a right to rant about the stupidty of drivers here.  And my points are valid

Point #
[ol type=decimal][*]In WA drivers have to fail an IQ test or score at least 1 digit to get a drivers license
[*]In WA there is a college prep course called how t drive as a stupid driver in WA that is maditory (I cannot prove this, but either that or the Drs inject a stuid virus at birth)
[*]In WA the WA driver looks at a posted speed limit and immediatly slows to 1/3rd its value then speeds up then back down, then speeds up, then backs down every 14 feet
[*]In WA the WA driver merges .. No wait they dont they stop and wait even though merge lanes in WA are miles long or they just swing to the left lane taking out anyone in other lanes[*]In WA The above is reversed at off ramps, they wait for the last 10 feet then shoot across 4 lanes to get to the off ramp that they missed then stop and back up.
[*]In WA when a Blinker is seen it becomes a drag race to not let you in
[*]In WA drivers literally stop in the middle of the road to avoid a bicycle or they swerve into oncoming traffic
[*]In WA bicyclists are as stupid as cagers
[*]In WA when it rains half of what is left of the IQ of a driver falls out there butt
[*]In WA prius drivers are even more stupid I mean a special kind of stupid[*]In WA no driver can park in a parking slot even with the lines at min its a 30 degree angle[/ol]
Ya I feel better :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

AlbatrossCafe

I live in Issaquah.

"In WA drivers slam on their brakes for every single tiny animal no matter the distance it is from the car."

I can't stand riding with my GF because when she sees some animal on the road (NOT talking about a dog or some other pet, or a larger animal like a deer, I mean like a jittery squirrel, rabbit, bird, etc.) she stomps on the brakes SO HARD. Even if the animal is 50 feet away, she slams the brakes and is like "move little guy!" or some cutesy B.S. I tell her she is sooner going to get rear ended than save any tiny animal from becoming roadkill. It is the worst. Scares me every time and then I'm like "WTF happened?" and I look up and see a rabbit in someone's yard a block ahead of us.

It was last summer on one of my loops I do I was coming back and heading toward my sons. There is a section of road that is a totally blind right that leads into a shaded straight then a huge sweeping S. There is a horse pasture to the left among some awesome imagery of mountains and just PNW beauty. On this day I cam around the corner to see a dumb ass teaching "ITS" child how to be a stupid person and prove Dawrins theory of the fitist. These dip wankers where in my lane stopped behind the car taking pictures of the horses. I kid you not, in a blind corner facing on coming traffic at the rear of the car

Too stupid to pull over, even stupider to stand at the rear and even mentally deficient to rationalize the error and depth of their situation.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator

Wow, I guess I am just lucky. I rode with a friend of mine from Canada the other day and we had three people pull over so we could pass on a narrow windy road. He was really surprised, but I have that happen all the time here.

• Premium Member
Wow, I guess I am just lucky. I rode with a friend of mine from Canada the other day and we had three people pull over so we could pass on a narrow windy road. He was really surprised, but I have that happen all the time here.
They must've known you were with a Canadian. ;D  I havent seen that happen in decades, must be a nice civilized place where you live.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

topazsparrow
Am Canadian, can confirm. We're generally decent at following the rules of the road, but largely inconsiderate and full of our selves. Albertan's are absolutely HORRIBLE for not letting people pass. As soon as the road opens up straight, or there's a passing lane, or it even seems like you MIGHT be able to pass, they go from doing whatever speed they were doing to twice the speed limit for as long as is necessary to prevent you from passing, then slow right down again. 
Likewise, most Canadians seem to never pull over to let motorbikes pass. The trips I've made down the west coast of the USA on my motorbike always left me pleasantly surprised at the number of people who not only pay attention to motorbikes, but will move out of your way so you can carry on unimpeded. It helps that your highways and major roadways are well maintained and generally very wide though.

I'm curious to see which state there are actual decent drivers in the U.S.

• 2 months later...
quicklimegirl

Another thing about drivers/riders who won't let you pass. I hate when I'm in the best twisty sections of road, and you get stuck behind a pickup pulling a boat. My favorite road has a 50 mph limit, and plenty of tight corners showing the recommended (orange) speed signs between 20-30 mph. Boat haulers, car drivers, and Harleys all seem to think they should go about half of the recommended speeds; then, of course, as soon as the road straightens out, they are getting to 60-70 mph as quickly as possible. Right now the bike isn't broken in yet, so I'm limited as to how fast (engine rpm) I can go.

I'm looking forward to the end of break-in period so I can get past these inconsiderate a$$holes. At least I don't have that problem when I'm on the Z1000 or RZ350. I will initially wait to see if they pull off a side spot to let me pass before I do so. Invariably, most of them are either too rude or clueless to do so, even when there are turnouts. Especially when there are turnouts! I'd love to see the Forest Service cops pull these idiots over and ticket them, since there is a law mandating they do so if 5+ vehicles are being held up.

Sometimes I'll just wait 10 minutes or so to put some distance in between their vehicle(s) and mine so I can enjoy the twisties properly.

• Premium Member
I'm curious to see which state there are actual decent drivers in the U.S.

There isn't one, not that I've discovered yet.

Everything went braap.

It was last summer on one of my loops I do I was coming back and heading toward my sons. There is a section of road that is a totally blind right that leads into a shaded straight then a huge sweeping S. There is a horse pasture to the left among some awesome imagery of mountains and just PNW beauty. On this day I cam around the corner to see a dumb ass teaching "ITS" child how to be a stupid person and prove Dawrins theory of the fitist. These dip wankers where in my lane stopped behind the car taking pictures of the horses. I kid you not, in a blind corner facing on coming traffic at the rear of the car 
Too stupid to pull over, even stupider to stand at the rear and even mentally deficient to rationalize the error and depth of their situation.

corralejo_tequilla.png You need a little shot of rehab.  ;)

Seriously, I feel your pain. I believe some of those people from there have retired to here because in my neck of the woods they will cross lanes in front of you and then cut back.  >:D As if that weren't bad enough, they will shoot you the stink eye if you let them know how stupid they are. I suppose people are suppose to be polite, no matter what happens???

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

So I am heading to the ridge motorsports park Friday. Take the Edmund's ferry to Kingston. From there it is about 2.0 hours "UNLESS" your in WA it becomes a 3.5 hour drive why is that R1Limited?

Why I will tell ya, you see, the numb nut wanker cager imbecilic morons here believe that the posted speed limit is "suggested" so, between the ears of the numb nut wanker cager imbecilic morons that drive here in WA they assume its OK to drive 25 in a 60 for miles on a road with NO PASSING Lanes. I tell you what, stupid is a practicing art form here

Archived