The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket grips

V8titanpwr

• Premium Member

Anyone find any good aftermarket grips that help with the hand numbing long rides? After about 20 mins of a constant speed I can barely feel my hands, looking to alleviate this.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Perhaps you might do better with some heavier weight bar ends to combat the vibration. Regarding grips, I run Renthal softs on everything. They don't last long but they are very comfy.

I hate it when my hand gets numb and goes to "sleep". I am happy that the FZ07 isn't that prone to vibes through the bar stock....but as soon as you install an aftermarket pipe...the engine runs lean at partial cruise and that leaness causes the vibes at the handlebar. The tighter you grip the bar...the worse it gets.

Soo...several years ago I found some grips that allow a loose grip of the hand and still be able to operate the throttle properly. They are DRIVEN made "skull grips". You can find them on E-Bay for $13.00 free shipping. Make sure you read the E-Bay add closely and buy the OPEN style grips. These are the ones that fit on the FZ -07 without cutting a hole in the ends first. I have them on my FZ07 now....and will use them on the next bike I buy too.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

Archived