The MT-07 Forum

New member from GA

fromthecage

Hello ladies and gents! Ordered my white FZ-07 on Thursday night and awaiting delivery and paperwork. She will be my first motorcycle, as I've been a car gearhead for my life thus far. My last notable ride was my 2001 Honda S2000 that saw its share of mountain roads and a track day at TGPR. Looking forward to life outside the cage now!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome fromthecage! Congratulations on picking an excellent first bike. Did you take the msf class? This bike can rip your arms out of their sockets!  :))

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hey @fromthecage, good to see you posting. Thanks!

Love the S2000, always lusted after one. Honda's 50th birthday gift to itself. Yours would be a AP1 with the higher revving engine, right?
Amazing motor and beautiful edgy design. Too bad they don't make them new anymore.

Yeah, mine was the higher revving 2.0L. Had no traction control, standard trans, a real tribute to traditional sportscars. I truly loved that car, but sold it to get a bigger vehicle four our family. Currently we have a 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4WD. I hope to one day grab up another one, but it will have to wait as I've become completely lustful over the FZ.
Speaking of which, dealership just called to let me know it was assembled and ready! Should be picking up/delivering Monday along with my Shoei RF 1200 I had them throw into the deal!

I'm in Lilburn near Stone Mountain. Buddy of mine with his FZ6R lies a bit closer to you in Marietta, so I've been out there a couple times.

new member here in ga also...im in conyers/covington. i plan on commuting to work which is in the chamblee area let me know if you guys want to hook up i take delivery thursday!

basically i dealt with mm in conyers many times and although they are ok guys just not big deal makers and i went to cycle world in mcdonough for basically bike cost and tax couldnt really ask for more mms is my place to go see and touch ill buy elsewhere

I gotcha. I really liked them there because Caleb in the parts department had me go through a helmet fitting, offered all sorts of advice and personal experience while searching for my helmet. The sales guy just seemed like a normal sales guy to me.

kev1360, my buddy bought his FZ6R from MMS Marietta. He's the reason I checked ou tthe one in Conyers as he had so many positive things to say.

So I stopped by the dealer yesterday to pick up my new helmet. On the way out I had a gentleman who owned a Versys ask me if I wanted to sell the bike..... somewhat jokingly, but evidently he had been looking for one and said they were hard to find. Anyone else had any experiences like this?

• 2 weeks later...

We've been dancing around the subject for a while. We will have to get all the guys together, as there are actually quite a few of us

Archived