The MT-07 Forum

Once again on FZ-07 suspension choices +word-wall

daviziko

33 psi front, 36 psi rear (as stated on owner's manual and on the bike sticker) 
Is it complicated to fix the 'C' leg? Are special tools required? How much would it approx. cost me the pistons and shim stack?

At 75KG I would run 33/33 psi. But over/under pressure isn't the issue. 
You need a 10mm box wrench and a heavy vise that can grip round stock, small butane gun, a crescent, a (home made) cartridge tool, and pair of calipers and you should be able to do it.

Pity the round-a-bout is traffic light controlled, else you could put your knee on the deck and go round and round and round till you were dizzy. :) Or slid under a bus or lorry. :'(

We have a thing here for traffic lights on roundabouts, even if they won't get traffic at all. I guess that since we put so many of them, they come heavily discounted ?

Any chance of buying cartridge already fixed from you?

you can but between international shipping and import duty it might well be cheaper to get a local shop to install the mods for you. I don't know what labor rate is near you. I can mark the kit as re-manufactured parts and origin as Italy but I don't know if that makes a difference.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

you can but between international shipping and import duty it might well be cheaper to get a local shop to install the mods for you. I don't know what labor rate is near you. I can mark the kit as re-manufactured parts and origin as Italy but I don't know if that makes a difference.
You may be right. I'll try the shock upgrade and oil fork change + preload fork caps, hopefully they are everything I need for my skill level :) 
You recommended the K-Tech Razor-Lite ~400 Euros, but the offer I got is ~470Euros. Would you still chose it over Ohlins (490Euros including 1L of Motul Fork, Expert (Medium) )??

Yes, K-tech over Ohlins. Unless you can't find anyone to service the K-tech and you can swing a dead cat and hit multiple Ohlins service centers by comparison.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Yes, K-tech over Ohlins. Unless you can't find anyone to service the K-tech and you can swing a dead cat and hit multiple Ohlins service centers by comparison.
One more question :) 
would you have Razor-R Lite ~470Euros  or Razor-R ~620Euros ?

Aside from service availability, or in spite of it, the ride-height adjustment avail from the K-Tech (or Nitron, Matris, Penske) is one key reason why I suggest over Ohlins. If you're not racing and if you're not overly picky, then you might find a better use for the extra 150E. On the other hand, if you lie awake at night wishing you had the ability to experiment with compression damping then the remote reservoir option amortized over the lifetime of ownership could be viewed as cheap. Personally I like extra knobs to twiddle.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Aside from service availability, or in spite of it, the ride-height adjustment avail from the K-Tech (or Nitron, Matris, Penske) is one key reason why I suggest over Ohlins. If you're not racing and if you're not overly picky, then you might find a better use for the extra 150E. On the other hand, if you lie awake at night wishing you had the ability to experiment with compression damping then the remote reservoir option amortized over the lifetime of ownership could be viewed as cheap. Personally I like extra knobs to twiddle.
Thanks for your time! 
I'll have to think about the extra knob :) gonna have to study how to set up suspension... any recommendation about that (books, dvds, youtube channel)?

• 6 months later...
heartofperformance

I would like to know as well. A Google search kinda helped a bit :D

On 6/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, daviziko said:

Thanks for your time! 
I'll have to think about the extra knob :) gonna have to study how to set up suspension... any recommendation about that (books, dvds, youtube channel)?

people have mentioned Dave Moss' teasers a few times. I MUCH prefer Max McCallister's 16 part series.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived