The MT-07 Forum

Are the noises normal ?

cnomatt

Are the FZ's noisy engines as far as whining in the transmission area ? seems to do it when rolling ,clutch in or out.
 It seems better after I adjusted the chain before riding it today, it was pretty loose.
  Only a week old, just hit 100 miles so I realize it ain't even close to broken in .
 I am thinking of changing the oil at 200 miles. I am taking it easy on the break in for the most part.

I would refer to your owners manual for the oil change, proper chain tension, etc. I bought a new FZ-07, I don't hear any noises besides regular noises that come from a motorcycle. If you are worried about a noise, your dealership would be able to tell if something is wrong or not.

I checked the manual, I am kinda of a geek about that type of stuff. It says change oil at 600 miles , dealer said to bring it in at 800.
 I have never had anyone else change my oil on anything so skip that. I'll probably change it at 300 miles. I adjusted the chain to specs and it seems better. It is spec'd 51-56 mm in the book, mine was 65mm. 

still seems like some "roaring noise" from near the front half of bike.

Archived