The MT-07 Forum

New owner from SoCal

trebec

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome trebec! Looks like you've already started modding it, I see some bar end mirrors. Be sure to post your production number here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hey @trebec, great to have you here. Lucky you, Southern California. I live in Canada and by the looks of it my riding season is coming to an end. It's 44˚F now and it looks like it's going to rain today :(

you got the fastest color for sure... Welcome... and like previously posted, watch out for a future so cal group ride that we can never seem to get off the ground.....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member

Welcome! And yeah, this group ride… is gonna happen! Hope for you to join us!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

sweet more socal folks! @trebec do the bar end mirrors make it difficult to split lanes? i feel like the stock handlebars are at the same height as the average car side mirror.

Erick, yeah the bar ends don't help however it's the bars themselves that are at a weird height making splitting much less efficient than my R6 was even though the width is less. Oh well I guess they look cool are less functional and I like them better, I wouldn't have mirrors at all if I could get away with it to be honest.

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

Hey Trebec, welcome! If you don't mind me asking where did you buy your bike and what was the OTD price? I'm about to buy mine, and I'm still concernef I'm not getting a good deal. Quoted $8200 with tax out the door.

I paid 10,500 with gap and 200 negative equity from a trade so 800 bucks on top. So call it 9700 on the bike and 800 for piece of mind in case of theft or it getting totaled. Definitely didn't get the best deal but I'm very happy with the bike so I don't really care and it's only money I can always make more and I didn't spend 2 weeks playing the dealers against each other to save a couple hundred bikes. Not sure where your located but Fun Bike Center in San Diego has them in sale for 6495 plus fees of about 800 bucks so I would imagine around 8 or so old. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Got mine for 8300 out the door from Lebard and Underwood in La Habra, fyi....
When did you get yours? Makes me wonder why I didn't get that deal.  Bought mine from them as well. 

Hey Trebec, welcome! If you don't mind me asking where did you buy your bike and what was the OTD price? I'm about to buy mine, and I'm still concernef I'm not getting a good deal. Quoted $8200 with tax out the door.
Yeah I might try bar ends with lower bars. but for now I dig the stock set up. I wouldn't have them if I didn't legally need them either haha

Thanks man! I'd really like to get it under 8k. I was originally sold on the cb500f which I got them down to $4699 msrp. Like 6k OTD. So this is a big jump. And I'm paying cash. So looking for w price cut there.

Got mine for 8300 out the door from Lebard and Underwood in La Habra, fyi....
When did you get yours? Makes me wonder why I didn't get that deal.  Bought mine from them as well. 
August 11.  I had a little discount as I'd bought a bike from them before.  How much they get you for?   

August 11.  I had a little discount as I'd bought a bike from them before.  How much they get you for? 
Oh I see. It was only $300 more. 8600 OTD. I told him I wanted a lock for the disk for security so I took one.  They made enough money off of me he didn't even question it lol.  

You guys did better than me! The dealership took me for all they could. I love the bike, not too happy with the dealership. In case you were wondering it is North County House of Motorcycles here in Vista, CA. I don't think I'll do business with them again.  I'm just 30 minutes south of trebec.

Yeah Arcin those guys a crooks. I went there to try and buy an R6 about January of 2013. They also had a FZ-08 that I was very seriously considering, the 8 had like 6 or 7k on it and they wanted MSRP! for a used bike! I was blown away and on top of that they wanted full coverage before I left the dealership and the cheapest anyone had insurance was an additional 350 or so for that day so needless to say I haven't even gone back to look at anything that they have.

On a positive note Fun Bike Center in San Diego had the 7 for 6500 plus fees right now, and its been on sale for around 2 months according to the salesman. SoCal is all over the place with pricing and tax and I suspect it has to do with everyone seems to want retail price for all their used stuff. Glad you like the bike though that's all that really matters. Money can be made again time cannot, enjoy that mean machine.

Yeah, you're right it is just hard getting over the feeling of being screwed. Don't get me wrong, riding definitely helps but there's that nagging feeling in the back of my head. Whatever, I'll get over it. I'm just happy to be riding again. I was considering the CB500F but the FZ-07 is a much better bike. I'm enjoying this bike a lot more than I would have the 500. Anyway, it's nice to meet someone so close to me.

Archived