The MT-07 Forum

Tuner/Flash system or Dyno?

rocky1247

so ive been debating getting a tuning kit, or simply going to a dyno center and having my bike perfectly flashed based on actual readings. The only real performance mod i have left (so i think now) is an air intake that does away with the silly snorkel and restrictive flow (thinking of a DNA box), so im posting to find out if anyone in the Orange county, Southern california area has been to a good dyno place? Ive stripped the bike and added a full titanium Akrapovic exhaust. please post about your tuning or dyno experiences!

• Global Moderator

I would get the 2wdw flash and remove the snorkel. Removing the snorkel is free and provides almost as much airflow as the aftermarket options. I cannot see the point of paying a lot of money for a very slight gain. Let us know what you decide to do.

Good suggestion, I'm sure a tune will make all the difference which is really why I made the post. If anyone has any experience with dyno tuning or flash tuning.

I wasn't trying to increase the power, I just wanted an aftermarket pipe for various reasons so I didn't want to spend a lot of money and went cheap & easy with an EJK after installing my Akra c.f. pipe. I removed the snorkel as well and I could really feel and hear the difference after that. (air sucking in, (the engine, not me ;) ) arms stretching) I don't race so that set-up gave enough extra performance to please me for a while. Do you intend to race it?

Beemer

so ive been debating getting a tuning kit, or simply going to a dyno center and having my bike perfectly flashed based on actual readings. The only real performance mod i have left (so i think now) is an air intake that does away with the silly snorkel and restrictive flow (thinking of a DNA box), so im posting to find out if anyone in the Orange county, Southern california area has been to a good dyno place? Ive stripped the bike and added a full titanium Akrapovic exhaust. please post about your tuning or dyno experiences!

Hey man. If you are willing to travel up to Hollywood I advise talking to Jared at MOTORSPORT EXOTICA. I brought my FZ to him to have it custom dyno tuned and it was worth every penny! I have a full Yoshi R77 exhaust system, and the MWR air filter /lid combo installed. After about 3-4 hours on the dyno and talking to Sean, the tuner, my bike was setup exactly as I wanted. Smoother power delivery and response, with minimal engine braking only in lower gears of 3rd to 1st. I generally use my bike for canyon carving and minor commuting right now. Power being put down now is 71.51WHP & 49.88WTQ. The engine is silky smooth now and feels as if it's ready to pull in any gear! Its definitely been a great investment in maximizing my engine performance safely. I have mine tuned perfectly reliable for everyday riding. If I wish to track my bike eventually, I can have them tune it a bit more lean in parts for more power. Either way, you will love how responsive and quickly the bike will want to accelerate compared to the stock ecu. I suggest putting an r6 throttle tube on if ya haven't done it, as you'll crave the quicker throttle response with the new added power =) d7754b66e17f6a24fb53fb9b25f42bad.jpghttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/593da60803dcf/Snapchat-1988197616.mp4

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

A good reflash MAY give you more power but WILL make the bike much nicer to ride. It should remove a few restrictions but more importantly make you throttle more controllable. There are a few ECU induced problems stock and a good reflash should fix them. Before you do that an aftermarket filter and snorkelectomy is useful as well as a pipe if that is possible.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

bellissimoto

How about neither?

Have you heard of Rapid Bike? I didn't either until I started working here...

The Engine Management Company specializing in fuel injection / ignition management systems with adaptive auto tuning technology. The key thing here is the adaptive auto tuning technology. The RapidBike module will AUTO TUNE ON THE FLY IN REALTIME AS YOU RIDE, unlike other systems that “suggest” changes for you to apply later in a computer. This means no more waiting to get the perfect tune, and no more visiting the dyno (which saves you money). I'm using this system in my Yamaha R3 racebike.  The support we received from these guys is second to none. They supplied us with their RapidBike Module for the R3, as well as their MyTuningBike, Quickshifter, and Bluetooth Module. The quickshifter was perfect out of the box, with no setting changes needed whatsoever. However, if you want to tinker, the Bluetooth module is a dream come true for those who want to experiment. Currently for Android devices and PC’s, the Bluetooth module will let you remote into your motorcycle wirelessly and change settings at will. RapidBike has solutions for the FZ-07, so if you want the perfect tune in all conditions without having to visit a dyno center or tuner, let me know...

Of course, RapidBike for the FZ-07 is available from us, and with a Forum discount too!

PM for more info.

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

How about neither? 
Have you heard of Rapid Bike? I didn't either until I started working here...

The Engine Management Company specializing in fuel injection / ignition management systems with adaptive auto tuning technology. The key thing here is the adaptive auto tuning technology. The RapidBike module will AUTO TUNE ON THE FLY IN REALTIME AS YOU RIDE, unlike other systems that “suggest” changes for you to apply later in a computer. This means no more waiting to get the perfect tune, and no more visiting the dyno (which saves you money). I'm using this system in my Yamaha R3 racebike.  The support we received from these guys is second to none. They supplied us with their RapidBike Module for the R3, as well as their MyTuningBike, Quickshifter, and Bluetooth Module. The quickshifter was perfect out of the box, with no setting changes needed whatsoever. However, if you want to tinker, the Bluetooth module is a dream come true for those who want to experiment. Currently for Android devices and PC’s, the Bluetooth module will let you remote into your motorcycle wirelessly and change settings at will. RapidBike has solutions for the FZ-07, so if you want the perfect tune in all conditions without having to visit a dyno center or tuner, let me know...

Of course, RapidBike for the FZ-07 is available from us, and with a Forum discount too!

PM for more info.

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com
Sounds pricey :)

@bellissimoto Lol yeah Paul, this does sound like it could cost a pretty penny to have all those things in one! But I'm very interested by in it though...

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

I went with a Yoshimura, Hordpower's filter system and a PC-V loaded with Hord's custom map. There are undoubtedly less expensive options but I wasnt concerned so much with price as much as I was aesthetics and performance. IMO there's no need to flash after this set up, it is a phenomenal difference.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

As I stated elsewhere on this forum, for me a flash does so much more than a fueling programming device, two different animals, a flash will do everything a PC will do plus more. The 2Wdyno works is the place to go if you need a mail in option (and he has your set up on file). In my case I added active tune by FTECU to custom map my A/F on the go here in the Philippines, no need for future Dyno re tuning.

• 1 month later...

I have a full Yosh exhaust and snorkel delete, commuted on my bike for about 250 miles, then had the downtime to send out my ecu to 2wheeldynoworks. Before my FZ was running pretty lean and backfiring a lot in-between shifting. After the reflash she runs absolutely perfect, I would highly recommend their reflash service.

Some people may be afraid to remove the ecu and ship it out to them buts it's so easy. Plenty of YouTube videos on how-to remove the ecu from our bike, and then shipping to them just use a flat rate priority shipping box and bubble wrap your ecu with a note inside of your contact info and mods done. After they reflash they send you a PayPal invoice, once they receive payment they send your ecu back. From when I sent mine out and then sent back to me, it was less than 1 week downtime for me.

If you are in Orange County you are very near FTECU these are the people who make the flash software that Nels at 2WDW's uses for Yamahas. They also race tune bikes, perhaps it would be worthwhile inquiring with them about dyno tuning.They used my ECU as a test bed recently to extract the base readings for the MT07. They flashed my bike with Nel's flash and added the Active tune Lambda sensor and software module. 

• 4 weeks later...

from what im hearing, 2WDW is a really good option. i was already on the fence considering them, especially since i already spoke to one of their staff and was really happy having all of my questions answered. i think its the option ill take now. im going to vegas in november, so should be a nice present to myself coming back home to a "new" bike in the mail lol. thanks all for helping!

Archived