The MT-07 Forum

April, Germany

faffi

In April, the Kawasaki Z650 was the third most sold motorcycle in Germany, behind the MT/FZ-07 and the clear winner R1200GS (about 3 times as many as the Yamaha in 2nd). MT/FZ-09 lingered down in 20th place with about 1/3 as many units sold as its smaller sister.

• Global Moderator

Interesting that the MT-09 was so low on the list. Is it because of the graduated licensing in Europe or are they a lot more expensive there?

• Global Moderator

I'm surprised to see that the R1200GS is number one. It's not exactly a budget bike. The BMW is a big and relatively expensive 'adventure' bike, not one you would expect to be sold in huge numbers.

[div]I have relatives in Germany and I've noticed that they are very proud of BMW and Mercedes so I'm betting they are simply willing to pay extra for what they think is best. Kind of like how H.D. riders pay more for a Harley (usually) and 'think' it's worth it.[/div]

Beemer

You are no doubt at least partially correct, but the GS has become a cult bike for its qualities more than its brand. It has also been the best selling model in UK, the land of Triumph, for several seasons. Even in USA, the R1200GS is their biggest seller by a large margin. Personally, I wouldn't want one, but I can see that it will do a lot of things for a lot of riders. Like give them status :D

You are no doubt at least partially correct, but the GS has become a cult bike for its qualities more than its brand. It has also been the best selling model in UK, the land of Triumph, for several seasons. Even in USA, the R1200GS is their biggest seller by a large margin. Personally, I wouldn't want one, but I can see that it will do a lot of things for a lot of riders. Like give them status :D
I get you. It's like how a lot of people are turning on to the FZ-07 because of the raving reviews it gets, not because it's a Yamaha.  

Beemer

Archived